User Tag List

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, all... eager to learn and share!

Hello, all... after lurking for a bit, it is clear there is so much knowledge out there and big collection of really supportive people! Just purchased my first RV for adventuring: 2022 Imagine 2600RB. Picking it up on June 29th and will get somewhere with it shortly thereafter. Used an RV for the first time last summer (a larger and older Prime Time Lacrosse) and really enjoyed it. Looking for better maneuverability and access this the slightly smaller RV.

I will have a number of newbie questions and generally do a good job of searching first, before asking.

I know one of my big interests will be trying to figure out how to carry two e-bikes somewhere on the trailer -- and have started reading lots of discussion about that already.

It's me, husband Steven, and two dogs Lincoln & Brian soon to be adventuring all over the place!
    JohnnyT
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    2018 Land Rover Discovery (people are amazed it can tow -- it does a great job!)
    Security System: Lincoln & Brian

I've been all over, but
    will limit my map to where I've RV'd

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyT View Post
    Hello, all... after lurking for a bit, it is clear there is so much knowledge out there and big collection of really supportive people! Just purchased my first RV for adventuring: 2022 Imagine 2600RB. Picking it up on June 29th and will get somewhere with it shortly thereafter. Used an RV for the first time last summer (a larger and older Prime Time Lacrosse) and really enjoyed it. Looking for better maneuverability and access this the slightly smaller RV.

I will have a number of newbie questions and generally do a good job of searching first, before asking.

I know one of my big interests will be trying to figure out how to carry two e-bikes somewhere on the trailer -- and have started reading lots of discussion about that already.

It's me, husband Steven, and two dogs Lincoln & Brian soon to be adventuring all over the place!
    Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy the new coach. 2 e-bikes will be pretty heavy. You might want to add a 2-inch receiver on the rear of the trailer, that way you could mount a hitch based rack like this one: https://smile.amazon.com/Swagman-DIS.../dp/B0881XZG4S
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks -- I've got the right bike rack -- the problem seems to be attaching it to the trailer. There is a lot of talk about problems with just mounting a hitch on the rear bumper (that it will torque itself off -- or worse). Looks like I need something to attach to the RV frame itself.
    JohnnyT
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    2018 Land Rover Discovery (people are amazed it can tow -- it does a great job!)
    Security System: Lincoln & Brian

I've been all over, but
    will limit my map to where I've RV'd

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyT View Post
    Looks like I need something to attach to the RV frame itself.
    Something like this? (https://www.etrailer.com/RV-and-Camp...Tite/5350.html)
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the group. As for the ebikes, as @Soundsailor mentioned, they heavy bikes. The only 2 options that I see, is a rack attached to the A-frame in the front (not the option that I would choose) or have a hitch welded to the back frame. This would be my choice as lifting those bikes over the propane tanks would be difficult. Be aware though that welding a hitch on the frame would void the frame warranty. Most welding shops can do this for you. You will most likely loose the rear sewer hose storage bumper.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard. We have thought about adding bikes to the front as well albeit they would be just regular bikes, not e-bikes. So not nearly the weight. Good luck and safe travels.
    2020 F250 XLT Premium Iconic Silver 4x4 7.3 3.55 Payload-3268 lbs.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Previous - 2015 Keystone Passport Elite 23RB
    Previous - 2015 Nissan Titan Pro 4x

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new GD. Anytime you are going to carry a couple of ebikes on the rear of the trailer, there needs to be a couple of items done to safely carry them. 1. An RV rated carrier for the bikes that will have a capacity that is big enough to hold the weight of each bike. Mine is rated at 140 lbs or 70 lbs per bike. 2. A receiver that is at least a 2" receiver (1 1/4" receiver is not enough) and my suggestion is that it be welded on by a certified welder, someone that is qualified to do overhead welding. The ideal setup would be if they can weld something from one frame rail all the way across and to the other side frame rail. The back of an RV does get a lot of bouncing around and so a great weld job and heavy duty enough hitch and receiver are paramount to safely travelling with ebikes on the rear. Hope this helps and safe travels.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"