User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fan Running while Refrigerator is off.

Hello Fellow RVers, we have a 2021 Reflection RS280 with a Dometic refrigerator. Our RV is stored at our house and has a cover on it per HOA requirements. This evening I was checking the cover and heard what sounded like a fan running. We opened the cover and heard for sure the noise was coming from the refrigerator. We did some more uncovering and opened the door and checked to make sure that it was off, yes it was off. We are connected to shore power, I disconnected the shore power and the fan kept running. I then turned off the battery switch, the fan stopped. I reconnected the shore power, fan started. Today the temperature here in Santa Fe, NM was 90 degrees. I don't remember this happening ever before. Any ideas?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a small 12V CPU style fan in the cavity outside on our Dometic. More than likely it was that fan. Believe it is mounted on the bottom cover area. It is to circulate air upwards to help evacuate warm air for the cooling process. Kill the battery switch and it killed that fan. As far as I know the schematic for the Dometic shows external 12V being fed into the control board. The temp sensor may still operate when the 120V is turned off. I believe that would be needed if running on gas.
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I have never heard it running and I needed something new to worry about. I will check that out. Right now the shore power is off and I took the battery out and put it the garage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey RVers,

Thought I'd add to this post as I'm experiencing the same issue that trainut describes, just not sure I saw a definitive answer. Trailer parked in driveway, cover on, fan at back of the fridge is running. Unplug, still running, cut battery power, fan goes off. My conclusion from reading a bunch of other posts is the temperature at the back of the fridge has gotten to a temp (probably because it's covered) that caused the fan to go on, and it will shut off when the Temp goes down? Had the trailer in the driveway for awhile now and this is the first we have experienced the fan running.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, on my Dometic model, the small CPU fan is connected to the upper cooling fins of the rear plumbing, the upper cavity. It senses the cooling fin temperature and the shorts 12V to the fan for additional airflow up through the chimney. As long as 12V is present on the control card it will be active.
    Randy and Kris