User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    That depends. We use several indicators, in this order.

1. Does the bedroom door close or open on it's own?
    2. Does the bathroom pocket door close or open on it's own?
    3. Is liquid in a pan or cup level on the stove and counters?

I found using my carpenter's level, that the floor, counter tops, etc, are not good indicators and that these anecdotal locations provide a better "comfort" guide inside the coach.

Sent from my SM-X900 using Tapatalk
    I felt that I was nose low from the start when we picked it up and my 3 ft level confirmed but as others have mentioned, depended upon where I set the level. Looking at half a glass carafe of coffee sitting on the counter, I was considerably nose low - after setting zero point with the slides in so I'm not sure how valid that is. Bedroom and bathroom doors don't move with slides in or out. No standing water except you can see a wider area of water evaporation in the bathroom sink towards the front. I'm close, but still feel I'm nose low just a little even after setting zero point. Levelmate pro and control panel say I'm a tad low in the rear and right but my level says I'm low in the front.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    I felt that I was nose low from the start when we picked it up and my 3 ft level confirmed but as others have mentioned, depended upon where I set the level. Looking at half a glass carafe of coffee sitting on the counter, I was considerably nose low - after setting zero point with the slides in so I'm not sure how valid that is. Bedroom and bathroom doors don't move with slides in or out. No standing water except you can see a wider area of water evaporation in the bathroom sink towards the front. I'm close, but still feel I'm nose low just a little even after setting zero point. Levelmate pro and control panel say I'm a tad low in the rear and right but my level says I'm low in the front.
    Honestly, it's a matter of how anal each of us are. There are some places that I have to be perfectly level, just my OCD kicking in that day, I guess. Other sites, close of good enough. [emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After trying 90% of the above, I now use a plate with the bottom barely covered in water. I check the stove, counters and table, but the stove is #1 .
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i can check in 5 different spots and get 5 different answers. Mine seems to have a crown accross the middle so one side says uneven one way and the other side the other when I think I'm the most level. I find the best place is using a magnetic level to the frame underneath for setting up the LCI zero point.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve been using the island or floor in our 310. So far I’m less than impressed with the Lippert auto level. It’s not repeatable. I’ve had to reset the zero point several times.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the replys to my OP. All the different ways mentioned of measuring "level" are interesting.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We pulled a 39 foot travel trailer for 25 years. It had a continuous walkway from the very front to the back. We would make a visual "level" from the outside and then I would walk front to back and side to side. Its not that hard to feel like your walking uphill or downhill. I would just holler outside to my wife to crank a certain (all manual) jack up or down so many turns. That's what worked for us for all those years.

Now that we have a Solitude with hydraulic leveling, every time I took the battery out for the winter the system would lose it's mind. I used a digital level with a 4-foot holder to level the kitchen front to back and side to side, but it just never felt level to me. So I started walking back and forth again, hollering to the wife to press the Level-Up buttons until it felt right. I don't know, but maybe >MY< equilibrium is off....

Voila! Now, every time we level it goes to exactly the same place. I don't have to set level anymore because I no longer remove the batteries (I have two in parallel) since we leave our unit plugged-in whenever its not on the road. I check my batteries at least quarterly but only have to add water maybe once per year.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a slightly different method, seems to have stood the test of time.

We use a simple bubble level in the main part of the living space as a rough starting point, then I ensure doors stay where I leave them then I call it good.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    I’ve been using the island or floor in our 310. So far I’m less than impressed with the Lippert auto level. It’s not repeatable. I’ve had to reset the zero point several times.
    When we brought our rig home from the dealer and parked it, I felt it was nose high - by walking it felt like we were walking up hill. I got my 4' level out and checked the floor and confirmed it was nose high. I then re-set my zero point. I have never had to re-do that reset. If yours is not repeatable, check the controller in the trailer - not the touch pad but the actual controller for the level system. Make sure it is level and tight to whatever it's mounted to. If it's loose it could be the cause of your issue.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DryFly - I had to recalibrate my new 303MKS after just a few times out. I put a 36” level on the bar and saw it was slightly low to the left front. I put a golf ball on the floor an it took off in the same direction. (Always depend on a golf ball to go to the worst possible place on its on). I followed Lipperts instructions on leveling and it worked spot on. That was 4 years ago and it is still working. BTW, after leveling I put the golf ball on the floor, gave it a slight touch to get it moving and it just wandered around aimlessly in a small tight circle. Good Luck!
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast