User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

260RD window replacement!

I had the sliding bedroom window, slide out sliding window & rear sliding windows all replaced. All of the windows were bowed in the center causing leaking during hard rain. The 2 large windows would come open while traveling. Grand Design sent me all 3 replacements as I opted to use an RV mobile repair service rather than waste months taking the RV to a dealer 70 miles away. Doing it this way, you are responsible for the service fee. For me this was $73. I will gladly pay that rather than wait months plus the expense to get it to and from the dealer.
    The windows weren't centered when GD installed them. They all slide and lock nice now. No more bowing so they seal like they were designed to do.
    Just passing along info in case others are having the same issues. I paid for the install and now waiting for GD to reimburse me. GD has worked well with me.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear you've got the issue resolved. I've also found GD pretty responsive, especially in a case like yours where clearly the windows were installed incorrectly to begin with. May the rest of your time with the 260RD be smooth sailing.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're pretty good with warranty work. We had issues with our slide that leaked and went beyond the 1 year. They covered it without any hassle.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP, how old is your unit?
    Is there an option to get double pane windows instead?
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is a 2021. I'm not sure about the double pane option. It wasn't available when I ordered mine. Most dealers think it's a waste of $$ unless you live in it full time and in a cold environment.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thpose View Post
    Mine is a 2021. I'm not sure about the double pane option. It wasn't available when I ordered mine. Most dealers think it's a waste of $$ unless you live in it full time and in a cold environment.
    We have the double-pane. In addition to being warmer in winter, it is also cooler in the summer. And quieter. Everyone spends their own $$$ in the way they see best, for us a good investment.
    Stephen and Judy

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://youtu.be/b7JeqcFNSj8
    I found a guy that did a pretty good comparison of single pane and double pane windows. He has pros and cons for double pane. It's pretty long but may offer some info to help.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have ordered them but it would have shut off our camping for the last half of 2020 waiting on a build in the middle of a pandemic.
    In retrospect, I might have tried harder for them. They have twice the R value of 2 vs. 1 IIRC. The 3 large windows might be future candidates for replacement, who knows if they are even available?

So after watching the youtube vid, I think the GD windows are made differently than those shown. Maybe Soundsailor can comment on that aspect.
    Last edited by Grandesigner; 06-18-2022 at 03:38 PM.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    I would have ordered them but it would have shut off our camping for the last half of 2020 waiting on a build in the middle of a pandemic.
    In retrospect, I might have tried harder for them. They have twice the R value of 2 vs. 1 IIRC. The 3 large windows might be future candidates for replacement, who knows if they are even available?

So after watching the youtube vid, I think the GD windows are made differently than those shown. Maybe Soundsailor can comment on that aspect.
    I'm not really sure how the GD windows are made, from my inspection they don't appear to have much/any space between them (pretty sure they're made by Lippert also). So not too likely ever to have fog problems. Like the guy in the video, I can't say I've made an apples-to-apples comparison, but to me, it sounds quieter. Is it 40% quieter as in the video? I couldn't really say. And as the video mentions, it is really nice not to have condensation on cold mornings.
    Stephen and Judy

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as a note. Grand Design agreed to refund me for the complete install including the service fees. Very appreciative of that. Way to go GD!