User Tag List

Thread: Fresh tank fill

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh tank fill

While adding some water to the fresh tank last night, I got side-tracked with some other packing details and forgot about the tank. My little Amazon water alarm inside the water panel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IWTCLHA...roduct_details saved the day.

I got the water turned off, drained a little from the tank, and vacuumed the 1/2 inch of water from the basement.

There doesn't appear to be any permanent damage as we have pressure tested all functions and no water was spraying from anywhere we could see.
    New rule for filling (or flushing) a tank...Stay there and wait until finished. DO NOT walk away. DW promised to help me remember.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you escaped with no major damage. I'm looking at those alarms, may be a good investment.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did your overflow points malfunction?

Full-time Traveling Family ,'21 Momentum 395MS-R, '21 F450 King, 2000watts solar, Dual Victron MP-II 12/3000 2 x 120v, DIY 15kwh LiFePo4 battery with Daly BMS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=A.Texas.Yankee;432818]Did your overflow points malfunction?

Possibly, water was spraying out the little vent by the fill port as well as “somewhere” behind the Nautilus panel. After I dried everything off and drained some out of the tank, no leaks with water on in all configurations.

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post

Possibly, water was spraying out the little vent by the fill port as well as “somewhere” behind the Nautilus panel. After I dried everything off and drained some out of the tank, no leaks with water on in all configurations.
    Definitely something to investigate. There's no way there should be a leak there due to fresh water tanks being full, IMO. That would mean your freshwater tank pressurized which it should NEVER do. If it was leaking the entire time you were filling up tanks, then that would make more sense.

Full-time Traveling Family ,'21 Momentum 395MS-R, '21 F450 King, 2000watts solar, Dual Victron MP-II 12/3000 2 x 120v, DIY 15kwh LiFePo4 battery with Daly BMS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with @A.Texas.Yankee. further investigation is required. It should have been coming out of the overflow not the panel. Did the overflow ever worked before?

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer to gravity fill. No pressure issues, and once the overflow starts the tank is full. I installed a ball valve on my overflow tube so the water does not siphon out while traveling.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I agree with @A.Texas.Yankee. further investigation is required. It should have been coming out of the overflow not the panel. Did the overflow ever worked before?

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Water was spraying out the little vent by the fill port and spraying from somewhere behind the panel. There was 3/8 inch of water in the pass through by the time I got back to the camper.
    We pulled out at 5 this morning headed for Mt Rushmore so haven’t had a chance to look for what is going on.
    Will check it out when we get home in July.
    Everything is working and no water leaks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    I prefer to gravity fill. No pressure issues, and once the overflow starts the tank is full. I installed a ball valve on my overflow tube so the water does not siphon out while traveling.
    This is exactly what I do.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK