User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love all the responses and I was talking to the Wife about it. She looked at me and said, "Why don't you just open the door?"

Really? What a stupid question. Why would I want to walk five feet to see if it is too cold or hot when I can install hundreds if not a few thousand dollars worth of equipment?

Crazy Wife and her "logic".
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by
    Now... I have really missed having the rain and wind data (as well as the heat/chill indexes), history, etc. You can see where this is going. My Father's Day gift is sitting next to me waiting for the Flagpole Buddy to mount it on (will arrive Monday): [URL="https://www.scientificsales.com/Davis-6250-Vantage-Vue-Wireless-Weather-Station-p/davis-6250.htm"
    https://www.scientificsales.com/Davis-6250-Vantage-Vue-Wireless-Weather-Station-p/davis-6250.htm[/URL]. I'll have to pull it down and stow it for travel (just a minute or two with the Flagpole Buddy), but my weather longings will be satisfied again.

Rob
    Rob, Is this 433 MHZ? Can the date be integrated into Home Assistant?

Thanks,
    George
    George and Connie
    Commerce City, CO
    Webpilot
    Solitude 380FL
    2014 Ram 3500 Dually
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Ambient Weather 2902-C weather station. It has the indoor weather display along with an outside weather station mounted to my exterior ladder (just below the height of the top of the AC cover). Works great and I leave it attached to the ladder while traveling (have had no issues over the last two years traveling). Great unit and pretty accurate. Current cost is around $180.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One nice feature is it has an app for your phone where you can setup alerts for temperature, wind etc. (as long as you have a WiFi connection in your RV).
    Last edited by Pobby1316; 06-29-2022 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Additional information.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webpilot View Post
    Rob, Is this 433 MHZ? Can the date be integrated into Home Assistant?

Thanks,
    George
    Both of the Davis weather station consoles require a data logger module for connectivity - and it has to be connected to a computer. They have some newer technology that is also Wi-Fi, but it came along later and I'm not familiar with it. You can go to the Davis web site and read about their stuff:

https://www.davisinstruments.com/

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Both of the Davis weather station consoles require a data logger module for connectivity - and it has to be connected to a computer. They have some newer technology that is also Wi-Fi, but it came along later and I'm not familiar with it. You can go to the Davis web site and read about their stuff:

https://www.davisinstruments.com/

Rob
    Thanks very much Rob!

George
    George and Connie
    Commerce City, CO
    Webpilot
    Solitude 380FL
    2014 Ram 3500 Dually
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pobby1316 View Post
    I use the Ambient Weather 2902-C weather station. It has the indoor weather display along with an outside weather station mounted to my exterior ladder (just below the height of the top of the AC cover). Works great and I leave it attached to the ladder while traveling (have had no issues over the last two years traveling). Great unit and pretty accurate. Current cost is around $180.
    I too, have had a Davis Vantage Pro WX station for over 15 years and have been well pleased with it's reliability. On the negative side I wish I didn't have to use the Davis data collector to input my computer to connect to the internet to update WU, Weather Underground. The second complaint is that the wind speed/direction component failed about a year ago and a replacement costs over $100. That's not to bad but considering that the rest of the system is as old as it is, I haven't invested any more into the old system. A year and a half ago I gave my son an Ambient Weather system that does all the same primary functions AND connects directly to the internet for sending WX data.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pobby1316 View Post
    I've had this weather station on our fifth wheel since 2018 and it still works perfectly. I mounted the sending unit to a pole that I strap to the ladder so that I can remove it whenever we travel. I've also had the Davis Instruments weather station in my old house and really liked it, but I found the display hard to read. With the Ambient Weather unit the display is multicolored and very easy to read from across the room.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a basic $68 (plus additional sensors) Ambient product with multiple remote sensors to collect temperature and humidity information, both in RV and at home. The main reason for purchase was to find the lowest temperatures throughout camper when outdoor temperatures are as low as single digit to avoid freezing camper fresh water. I placed multiple sensors throughout camper and found, that the outdoor shower spray was the coldest point. This allowed the use of 120V space heaters to be used at very low temperatures without furnace coming on and using propane. Do not do this unless you have your own data to back it up.

I can monitor camper refrigerator temperatures from TV while driving down the road when refrigerator is turned off and do not have to stop and open refrigerator door to check. Camper temperatures can be monitored in TV to ensure that they are OK (above freezing) when driving through very cold areas for a number of hours. Furnace is off.

Home lawn irrigation valve area can be monitored so that I can leave system on much later in the year without risk of damage.

I have used the system in many other areas and continue to find new areas that real data can make a difference.
    Last edited by TimtheToolMan; 07-02-2022 at 08:24 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    I have one of these and am happy with it. I put the transmitters near the nautilus panel, one in outside kitchen and on outside.

Kalawen Weather Station Wireless... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y1DSWBH...p_mob_ap_share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm curious as to how long your batteries last? Also why three outside sensors? It's been my experience that color panels eat batteries pretty fast.

I'm currently using this one which meet my needs. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rch_asin_title
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12