User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 17mke is a nice floor plan and I do see some regularly. The major thing that pushed us away from it was the Murphy bed. The second was that you can't use the bed with the slide in. We ended up selecting the 22mle and absolutely love it. We are currently on a 3 week trip which includes 3 provincial parks and haven't had any issues backing into lots. I don't think that the extra feet makes a difference in parking or towing. The 22mle tracks really well. In fact I'm in a really tight and treed lot right now. Not even enough place to open the awning. I didn't think I would be able to back into it it was that tight but we did with only 2 corrections. The other advantage with a fix bed is you can replace the mattress to your preference. Don't get me wrong, the 17mke is really nice. It just wasn't for us.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We chose the 22MLE for many of the same reasons. We don't haul a lot of stuff on our trips so there is a lot of extra space inside. As for maneuverability, it is very easy to fit in tight spots. We keep it in our tree covered back yard under a portable garage. I back it through two 6' gates and into that "tent". Sometimes I curse, sometimes not. Still it always fits inside.
    Good luck.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorbackRollin View Post
    We've owned six RVs including a 31 ft class A motorhome this RV has been great it's easy to maneuver we've gotten it in really small areas haven't had any problems in any parks. The only downside that I have with the mle is the doors for the storage or not quite big enough but they work the storage area is large we just got smaller containers that you can move in easily. The truck pulls it without any issues whatsoever it's very nimble and we've had them in the mountains and in the flat lands no problem whatsoever. Gas mileage is about the typical 12mpg. With the correct sway bar setup it takes about 5 minutes to hook up more or less. We have also made alot of modes to the unit, pantry mirror door, 120volt 20amp outside to inside plug for separate space heater hookup. Dimmable light over table and recliners. And a bunch of other stuff.lol At 26'6" it's easy compared to my past model's.
    Thanks. What truck make and year are you pulling it with?
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL
    2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Crewcab 4x4 with 6'4" box
    Haliburton, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brucedunning View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts promoting the 22MLE. We have looked at it and like the layout but the 4 feet extra in length feels significant as we want to be as nimble as possible. How much do you notice it in tight spaces?
    We have an Imagine 2650 (think 2670 but 2' shorter.) It's right at 30' which for us is the sweet spot between space and maneuverability. A 5er doesn't work for is since we usually have a 16' or 17' canoe to haul.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbopp View Post
    We have an Imagine 2650 (think 2670 but 2' shorter.) It's right at 30' which for us is the sweet spot between space and maneuverability. A 5er doesn't work for is since we usually have a 16' or 17' canoe to haul.
    We take our canoe with us all the time on our fifth wheel by putting a front hitch on our truck.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as a WDH and your 2500 goes, IMO you don't need one. Should be able to just drop the coupler on the ball and go. That would be super easy to hitch. My guess is faster and easier than a 5er.

IMO not being able to have the bed down with the slide in would be a non factor. Not sure of why it would be. I would never sleep in the bed with the slide in. The only hassle I could see is dropping down the bed every night could get old for some people. Me personally I would enjoy the expanded room inside with the bed in the up position.
    Last edited by goducks14; 06-19-2022 at 10:41 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your thoughts promoting the 22MLE. We have looked at it and like the layout but the 4 feet extra in length feels significant as we want to be as nimble as possible. How much do you notice it in tight spaces?
    In my previous response I failed to mention another huge difference for us between our 17MKE and our 22MLE and that's windows! What a huge difference between the 2. We felt quite confined in the 17MKE with the very small windows and no real view. The 22MLE is a world of difference.

I also saw you asked someone else about what truck they use so I thought I would just chime in to say we debated selling our 3500 for something smaller but I'm so glad we didn't. It's so comfortable and obviously no concerns about towing and nothing is going to get better fuel economy anyway. We averaged 12.1 on our recent 3 1/2 weeks in Arizona and Utah.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul & Deb View Post
    In my previous response I failed to mention another huge difference for us between our 17MKE and our 22MLE and that's windows! What a huge difference between the 2. We felt quite confined in the 17MKE with the very small windows and no real view. The 22MLE is a world of difference.

I also saw you asked someone else about what truck they use so I thought I would just chime in to say we debated selling our 3500 for something smaller but I'm so glad we didn't. It's so comfortable and obviously no concerns about towing and nothing is going to get better fuel economy anyway. We averaged 12.1 on our recent 3 1/2 weeks in Arizona and Utah.
    That seems like great mileage for a 3500. We have a 2500 and wondered how good of mileage we would get. I'm guessing it would not be much better.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I are considering downgrading from our 2018 150 Series 230RL to an 2023 Imagine XLS 17MKE. We are planning to do a lot more longer trips in the near future and want to be a little smaller and more nimble.
    Has anyone else made a similar transition?
    What things do we need to consider?
    Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.
    We have a 2021 17MKE, downsized from a 40ft toy hauler, and these are my thoughts:
    Had a 22MLE been available to us when we shopped, we MIGHT have gone in that direction instead but it would have been close.
    We enjoy the smaller size of the 17MKE and have been in state-park spots that the MLE would not have fit (or might have fit but I would have been very uncomfortable trying).
    Where the MKE really comes up short for us is the amount of windows; the interior is dark and the overhead lighting is "all or nothing," it is not dimmable. We've stuck up a lot of puck lights but that is a poor substitution for windows.
    I'm sure you've heard all of the noise about quality lately so don't forget to include that in your considerations. There are several things that I think GD "cheaped out" to hit a price point - such as the axles - they are rated 3k lbs each and the gross weight of the trailer is about 6400 lbs. While I've been told that I'll never need the total 1600 lbs of cargo capacity so I won't need to worry about the axles, I have a CAT scale receipt that shows differently even though I thought we don't pack heavily. Several people on a FB group have shown pictures of their springs going flat.
    Another thing I worry about is how well the fresh-water tank is secured. Again, I've seen pictures and heard reports of it falling out if traveling with it full. Even when we boondock, we wait until we get where we are going to fill up the tank but we do travel with some water in it.
    Even so, it is a great trailer and the closest to the mythical "perfect trailer" we have found yet. We've probably spent another $5k or so making it our own.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we full time in a MLE. The Murphy bed would be the biggest drawback for the MKE. The MLE is nimble enough adding the few extra feet. We have never been in a situation where the MLE wouldn’t fit.

I have in the rear of my bed a Predator 3500, four 12 gallon storage boxes with everything I might need, electrical, plumbing, storage for set up and tear down. I have a rolling Home Depot storage box and a 6’ folding table. This is covered with a Retrax bed cover for weather and security. On top of the bed is a Malone storage box for our campsite gear, chairs, soft cooler, yada yada. Also a Yakima skinny rack for gasoline and water carrying. That still leaves the basement for maintainable stuff, kitchen supplies, blower, yada yada.

The new Andersen hitch is a snap and I love the adjustability. I have it down to five minute connector disconnect, if that long.

Campsite set up is about 60 minutes for everything, leveling, water, sewage and electrical.

Boondocking is about the same as I have to get the generator out.

I would definitely consider the Murphy bed being an animal you might tire of if you do a lot of camping.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	789237CF-33A1-467B-88ED-6B3B4470A8D8.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	41321
    Randy and Kris

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast