User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brucedunning View Post
    Thanks for this which once again confirms fuel economy to me. We have not considered any of the Transcend models but the 200mk looks like a nice floorplan. Are they a step up or down from Imagine?
    They are technically a step down, wood structure and aluminum siding vice aluminum structure and laminate walls. Pros and cons with both styles. Imagine XLS more similar to what you have now. Versus my 2019 the rest is identical except the bathroom sink and lights above the bed, so far as I can tell (and we are looking at the Transcend 240ml for our next trailer). We looked at the Imagine 2600rb as well and newer imagines have some upgrades vs 2019. I haven’t been in a ‘22 imagine XLS to see what has changed, but it sits between transcend and imagine in GD’s portfolio.

Something to consider vs your 5th wheel that might not be immediately obvious - I believe you have a full 22in oven vice the puny 17in (which we use effectively, but it’s annoying).
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth13777 View Post
    They are technically a step down, wood structure and aluminum siding vice aluminum structure and laminate walls. Pros and cons with both styles. Imagine XLS more similar to what you have now. Versus my 2019 the rest is identical except the bathroom sink and lights above the bed, so far as I can tell (and we are looking at the Transcend 240ml for our next trailer). We looked at the Imagine 2600rb as well and newer imagines have some upgrades vs 2019. I haven’t been in a ‘22 imagine XLS to see what has changed, but it sits between transcend and imagine in GD’s portfolio.

Something to consider vs your 5th wheel that might not be immediately obvious - I believe you have a full 22in oven vice the puny 17in (which we use effectively, but it’s annoying).
    I was wondering if it was a step down and what you say makes sense.

I didn't realize that the 17 has a smaller oven. Thanks for pointing that out.

On the improvement side, the 230RL doesn't have access to the washroom with the slide closed but the 22 and 17 both do.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL
    2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Crewcab 4x4 with 6'4" box
    Haliburton, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more thing to ponder is you're getting a 12V compressor fridge with the new Imagines vs you older style absorption fridge. You'll need more batteries and some solar to be able to dry camp. If you're always plugged into shore power then it's not a big deal.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brucedunning View Post
    What is causing you to say that you want to go longer next time as opposed to the more nimble 17mke?
    We enjoy the 17MKE as it is a great trailer for weekend getaways, but we spend considerably more time in it than most.

We have a TT camping pass and squeeze every bit of usage out of it as possible. We are fortunate to have two campgrounds within 12 miles from our home. We spend 12 days in and 9 days out from April until November.

Basically we spend two thirds of the season living and going to work from our trailer. It feels like a vacation without really leaving your home.

Again, for OUR comfort level, we will go with something a little larger in the near future. If I get my way it will be the Reflection 297RSTS!
    💪😂

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 20GladRubicon View Post
    We enjoy the 17MKE as it is a great trailer for weekend getaways, but we spend considerably more time in it than most.

We have a TT camping pass and squeeze every bit of usage out of it as possible. We are fortunate to have two campgrounds within 12 miles from our home. We spend 12 days in and 9 days out from April until November.

Basically we spend two thirds of the season living and going to work from our trailer. It feels like a vacation without really leaving your home.

Again, for OUR comfort level, we will go with something a little larger in the near future. If I get my way it will be the Reflection 297RSTS!
    ����
    Well you are blessed! I hope you enjoy every day to the max!
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL
    2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Crewcab 4x4 with 6'4" box
    Haliburton, Ontario, Canada

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345