Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Master IceMan View Post
    Hello,

All of a sudden, one of my Awnings is not working. Currently, it's in the Retract position.
    I should note that the other Awning is working fine.

I see in the Manual there is an Override, which is fine for a temporary solution.
    ...But what's the permanent solution?
    ...Or is there anything I should check or try?

FYI: It's going to be well over 100 degrees where I'm for quite some time, so it's a problem.

Thanks!
    Hi, there is a solenoid involved in the awning. We had the same issue with our Imagine 2670MK and after the usual wait to get into Service they determined it was the solenoid that had failed. From the tech explanation it's internal in the awning wiring so wouldn't be fixable in the field!

FYI it's 100 going to 100+ in the DFW metro mess!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have found poor crimp wire connections on GD installed awnings. This is where the wires come out of the wall and connect to the awning wires. Located under sealant, in the wall-mounted awning arm frame (behind motor).

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjlakatos View Post
    I have found poor crimp wire connections on GD installed awnings. This is where the wires come out of the wall and connect to the awning wires. Located under sealant, in the wall-mounted awning arm frame (behind motor).
    Yup and if they drilled the hole in the sidewall in the wrong place for the wire to come through, the awning arm closes on top of the wire pinching it. Eventually with awning use the awning arm will cut the wires.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My awning was stuck retracted too. I counted to 20 while holding retract then tried extend and it worked!
    Now I can can check the wiring. Thanks!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123