User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackery Solar Panels for my RV?

We have a 2019 GD Reflection TT that has the Furion 10A Solar port. We have never really used it. We have a Jackery power source that came with 2 100w solar panels. I think it was supposed to support a 95W solar panel. I was wondering if anyone has used their Jackery solar panel(s) to keep their battery charged ?
    Todd and Kathy
    2017 Ford F250 4x4, 6.2 gasser, 3.73 gear ratio
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 287RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No but dont see why not.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebpac View Post
    We have a 2019 GD Reflection TT that has the Furion 10A Solar port. We have never really used it. We have a Jackery power source that came with 2 100w solar panels. I think it was supposed to support a 95W solar panel. I was wondering if anyone has used their Jackery solar panel(s) to keep their battery charged ?
    Those work good. I have the Jackery, but not the portable Solar that goes with it. My brother does and it works great. You can plug directly into the Jackery or directly into the rv port and charge the batt(s).

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill,

Do you happen to know what adapters he uses with his solar panels. I've been looking around the net but have not found anything conclusive.

Todd
    Todd and Kathy

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My understanding is that the Furrion solar port goes directly to the battery. Typically with two 100-watt panels, you would want some sort of charge controller to avoid overcharging the battery.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    My understanding is that the Furrion solar port goes directly to the battery. Typically with two 100-watt panels, you would want some sort of charge controller to avoid overcharging the battery.
    You are correct, he does not have that port. He takes the battery covers off and connects direct to the batteries.

If you have the Furrion port, it goes through a 10 amp blade fuse and then direct to the batts.

Bill
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought about a charge controller and have begun to look at them initially. Just trying to figure out what adapter cord I will need to start the process. I'm trying to get a hold of Jackery to see if they have something I could attach one or both solar panels. The Furion plug is rated only for 95W input so I could only use one Solar panel. Would like the option for 2 if possible to speed up the process some. Thanks for the info!
    Todd and Kathy

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought about a charge controller and have begun to look at them initially. Just trying to figure out what adapter cord I will need to start the process. I'm trying to get a hold of Jackery to see if they have something I could attach one or both solar panels. The Furion plug is rated only for 95W input so I could only use one Solar panel. Would like the option for 2 if possible to speed up the process some. Thanks for the info!
    The charge controller should be built into the portable solar panel, and realistically you could plug directly into the battery. For the Jackery, it comes with a plug for it.

Bill
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS