User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you replace the mattress platform in GD imagine?

I'm getting an imagine 2150RB did a walk walkthrough today I was really impressed with almost everything except the mattress base. Planning to run a sleep number bed but it overhangs the lift top every direction by something like 3" on each side and the foot. I can't figure out an explanation for this unless they were trying to save weight?

The floor plan says it fits a queen, the mattress is a queen. What's the deal?

Can I just have another piece of ply cut and put it on there? It's cheap OSB anyway.
    2018 2150RB/2022 F150 Powerboost

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you replace the mattress platform in GD imagine?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaostactics View Post
    I'm getting an imagine 2150RB did a walk walkthrough today I was really impressed with almost everything except the mattress base. Planning to run a sleep number bed but it overhangs the lift top every direction by something like 3" on each side and the foot. I can't figure out an explanation for this unless they were trying to save weight?

The floor plan says it fits a queen, the mattress is a queen. What's the deal?

Can I just have another piece of ply cut and put it on there? It's cheap OSB anyway.
    To directly answer your question, yes you can just replace the osb platform. It was cut that way intentionally. It is meant as a knee saver. If it was the same size as the mattress it would hurt everyone your knows hit it.

Bill
    Last edited by Redapple63; 06-19-2022 at 06:18 PM.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We simply changed the mattress and kept the original osb base. So far so good. When sitting on the side of the mattress it is soft though. If you want to add plywood, I would replace the osb with plywood not add plywood to it. You'd be adding unnecessary weight and the struts might be overwhelmed.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just check out two other dimensions to see if you can live with the change.
    Mattress thickness vs the original - we replaced ours with a Costco one, and now it is a challenge to get into bed being much thicker, therefore higher. The DW keeps a small footstool on her side. I do fancy gymnastics using the cabinetry on my side. A someday project to cut the box down to resolve the issue.
    Weight - with the increase, it is a royal pain to lift the hatch, and it won't stay open. Temporarily using a piece of wood as a support prop, but it will really smart if that gets knocked out while using the hatch and the lid falls on me. Another someday to look into stronger struts.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cut a new, longer piece of OSB when we replaced the mattress.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mattress that came in our Transcend was real crap, so we immediately replaced it with a Casper mattress. Unfortunately, the mattress was a lot heavier that the original, so we had issues getting into the storage underneath. The original piece of OSB under the mattress was so short that we couldn't keep the sheets and covers tucked in ay night. I think it was cut for an RV Queen mattress. I finally decided to fix both issues. So I replaced the original OSB with 3/8" plywood, cut to fit the mattress and I upgraded the struts. I also clipped a few inches off the two outside corners at 45 degree angles to removed the sharp corner. I also added 1x2s to the edges to make it a tad thicker so when you bump into it its not knife "like". I did try using 1/2 inch plywood, but it was too thick and the bed storage hinge would bind up when closing. I also added a couple 1x2s to the plywood where the struts were mounted to the plywood to strengthen it a bit. Now it's easy to lift and covers stay tucked in a night.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190618_110059282.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	41329Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190618_105953338.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	41330

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work. Looks great!

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS