User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    I also have the BMV -712 in two units
    Our bluetooth works well over 100!ft. Perhaps yours has something by interfering with its signal .

Which other companies unit would you recommend?
    My system is all Victron. Certainly top of the line stuff. Just stating my experience with the BT range has not been stellar. When I searched for an answer to the lack of range I found several instances from others on various forums and groups who had similar experience as I do as well as others that had more range like you have. I don't know the answer as to why. Perhaps it's the placement of the devices. The dongle in the master bedroom cabinet in the very front of our 31G as is the other equipment. The 712 monitor is in the master bed base yet neither will work from the tow vehicle or anywhere other than right around the front of the trailer. Not sure if going to the Cerbo GX would improve the range but I will probably try that at some point.
    Last edited by TerryH; 06-26-2022 at 05:11 AM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    My system is all Victron. Certainly top of the line stuff. Just stating my experience with the BT range has not been stellar. When I searched for an answer to the lack of range I found several instances from others on various forums and groups who had similar experience as I do as well as others that had more range like you have. I don't know the answer as to why. Perhaps it's the placement of the devices. The dongle in the master bedroom cabinet in the very front of our 31G as is the other equipment. The 712 monitor is in the master bed base yet neither will work from the tow vehicle or anywhere other than right around the front of the trailer. Not sure if going to the Cerbo GX would improve the range but I will probably try that at some point.
    Just out of curiosity.....what phone or tablet are you using to receive the BT signal from the shunt?

Second question, and maybe I'm missing something here. You mention that you have a BMV 712 AND a dongle.....and I'm wondering why you have a dongle, as the 712 has it's own BT transmitter in the wired wall monitor meter.
    Last edited by xrated; 06-26-2022 at 07:04 AM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an I phone and I pad

I have multiple blue tooth Victron electronics
    Multiplex 3000 inverter/ charger
    MPPT Solar panel controller
    BV 712 Battery monitor

The Monitor is located in the bedroom
    The Multiplex, batteries, controller are all neatly along a wall in the passthrough

The dongel “helps” coordinate and is located within the multiplex wiring. The shunt is right next to the batteries as it should be. The controller is neatly next to all.

The VRM ap ( Victron remote) on the phone and I pad have worked flawlessly since install and have at least 100 ft range. I actually can access in my house when the trailer is parked there which is easily 250 ft.

On our 35 ft sailboat everything obviously within 35 right ft of each other.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Just out of curiosity.....what phone or tablet are you using to receive the BT signal from the shunt?

Second question, and maybe I'm missing something here. You mention that you have a BMV 712 AND a dongle.....and I'm wondering why you have a dongle, as the 712 has it's own BT transmitter in the wired wall monitor meter.
    I'm using an iPhone 12 Pro.

I had the BMV-712 in the previous AGM battery setup. Probably don't need it but kept it in place for the LiFePo4 as it was already mounted in the bed base. Honestly I use the dongle 90% of the time. Lot more info on the dongle since it's connected to the Multiplus vs the 712 connected only to the shunt.

Edit to say: This is not a huge deal. I do wish I could monitor from farther away. The 31G is backed up right outside my work shop and have zero signal in the shop or even standing with the back door of the shop open. As I stated before, zero signal in the tow vehicle. Beats me what the deal is but I have seen others report the same sort of issue across the interwebs but have never seen any sort of answer or fix. I could only hope to have a portion of the performance that @RV Sailor has.
    Last edited by TerryH; 06-26-2022 at 08:22 AM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using an iPhone 12 Pro.

I had the BMV-712 in the previous AGM battery setup. Probably don't need it but kept it in place for the LiFePo4 as it was already mounted in the bed base. Honestly I use the dongle 90% of the time. Lot more info on the dongle since it's connected to the Multiplus vs the 712 connected only to the shunt.

Edit to say: This is not a huge deal. I do wish I could monitor from farther away. The 31G is backed up right outside my work shop and have zero signal in the shop or even standing with the back door of the shop open. As I stated before, zero signal in the tow vehicle. Beats me what the deal is but I have seen others report the same sort of issue across the interwebs but have never seen any sort of answer or fix. I could only hope to have a portion of the performance that @RV Sailor has.
    OK....thanks for the reply. I'm wondering now if the fact that you have two of them operating on basically the same system (if I'm reading this correctly) that one may be interfering with the other. Have you tried disconnecting one and trying just the other one......and then vice versa? The fact that the BT module for the 712 is actually located in the wall mount round display and if that is pretty close to the dongle, might possibly be the source of interference. I would at least try unhooking one of them and trying the other.....then the vice versa thing and see if there is any improvement in performance/range with one or the other disconnected.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    OK....thanks for the reply. I'm wondering now if the fact that you have two of them operating on basically the same system (if I'm reading this correctly) that one may be interfering with the other. Have you tried disconnecting one and trying just the other one......and then vice versa? The fact that the BT module for the 712 is actually located in the wall mount round display and if that is pretty close to the dongle, might possibly be the source of interference. I would at least try unhooking one of them and trying the other.....then the vice versa thing and see if there is any improvement in performance/range with one or the other disconnected.
    I've tried that. No change in performance.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried that. No change in performance.
    Ok....I guess it was worth a try asking. I too am puzzled by the lack of performance of your 712...
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123