User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    In your situation, I might suggest a couple of ground deployed Solar panels that can be adjusted a couple of times during the day to track the Sun. This would greatly enhance the Energy you capture from the Sun. The ground deployed Solar panels can be more effective than roof mounted Solar panels in certain situations (like shady campsites).
    I do have a ground panel now, half my available solar capacity is in a big portable panel setup. It does help, yes, but our preferred campground has really dense coverage to the south. Luckily it's got a fairly open spot to the north, so I can get Starlink to work, but that doesn't help me any with solar .
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang, ask and you shall receive! Y'all have really come through. I didn't know, what I didn't know. That gives me a whole lot of info to digest, thank you.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    I do have a ground panel now, half my available solar capacity is in a big portable panel setup. It does help, yes, but our preferred campground has really dense coverage to the south. Luckily it's got a fairly open spot to the north, so I can get Starlink to work, but that doesn't help me any with solar .
    Have you tried setting up your panels in an East/West orientation? East/West Solar panels can gather up almost as much Solar energy as South facing Solar panels. This is because the panels are able to generate energy earlier in the morning and continue generating later in the afternoon.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We boondock quite a bit but mostly for 2 or 3 nights. We fill up the tank which puts us just under GVWR close to where we be staying if possible. My wife and I can both shower twice, eat of real plates, and have a water left over. We've tried three showers each and needed to use our 6 gallon jug that we keep under the bed for that last one. You do need to think about how you use water. I will preform burgers at home or use gloves to keep from having to wash that fat off my hands and we don't cook things that are hard to clean up after like melted on cheese or heavy grease. For anything like that we use disposable pans or plates. You use water in rice but with pasta you are throwing it out. I will fill a can to rinse it to recycle but keep it until I have the next can and repeat using 12 oz for however many can we have that day. We will use paper plates but real silver wear for groups (tailgating).

Our first year we had the standard battery and a 3500 champion dual fuel. We pretty much made every mistake you could, ran out of battery, ran out of fuel at night, tried to use a small inverter on that battery which drained it way quicker than I thought. Now we have 210 Lithium for all outlets, fridge (which we only do when traveling with food in it which isn't often otherwise it is on propane), and the microwave. We've not tried to stretch it out since we have the generator but it lets us use it sparingly and still make coffee, nuke things, wife uses the hair dryer (all big draw items). We will watch tv a bit especially if tailgating. We can easily get through a day but two is pushing it. We have not tried to conserve and go two days as of yet but would like to sometime.
    Imagine 2020 2670MK,
    2021 RAM 2500

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12