User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    Thanks for the info. Every time I went to the RV area via some other link it stated I would be on a waiting list.
    I have not tried it so can't be sure but it sounds like you were looking at the regular plan with the mobility option which could easily be waitlisted as you should have full speed at home. The RV plan should not be waitlisted as you are a lower priority / slower speed when busy. Early reports the speed still seems ok but it could get bad. I have been in a few campgrounds where cell signal was great but throughput was unusable, so it would probably still be better then this.
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by llr2800 View Post
    I have not tried it so can't be sure but it sounds like you were looking at the regular plan with the mobility option which could easily be waitlisted as you should have full speed at home. The RV plan should not be waitlisted as you are a lower priority / slower speed when busy. Early reports the speed still seems ok but it could get bad. I have been in a few campgrounds where cell signal was great but throughput was unusable, so it would probably still be better then this.
    I think that is why I hesitate. It still is a bit new and I may wait to see what happens.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have to whitelist your IP address or add your IP address to a list of trusted IP addresses?

If so you will have to use the command line command from a command prompt or powershell.
    "nslookup myip.opendns.com resolver1.opendns.com"

I had this issue at my place of work and it took me a while to realize that only when connecting with a Hotspot (phone or actual Hotspot device) that ipconfig and the website https://whatismyipaddress.com does not give you the actual device IP address when using a Hotspot.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are able to ping, ssh and sftp from the dev through the vpn via the domain name, then it’s likely not dns

My guess is you’re just establishing a connection and quitting. All of these payloads are smaller than the 1500 mtu (maximum transmission unit) size. I bet T-Mobile is encapsulation your packets, increasing there size. The small payload plus encapsulation header is still under 1500 so they make it through.

The https payload, somewhere along the line is >1500 which causes it to get fragmented. If you’re sending with a 1500 mtu and T-Mobile is adding an encapsulation header that’s getting it over 1500, it may be getting dropped somewhere along the road.

Try lowering your mtu to 1400 or so to see if that works.
    Last edited by bsktcas; 06-25-2022 at 07:40 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just did some quick googling. I’m fairly sure this is your problem. I’m not sure if the server side needs to be lowered also.
    This user says his connection works until he gets larger ssh packets, then it drops.
    Have your network people look into this thread for ideas.
    T-Mobile uses ipv6 and cgnat, which lowers the mtu you can use.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WireGuard/c...ssuequestions/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some may have read but due to configuration at work a hotspot is out of the question for me. The software we have running will not go through a hotspot. So, I am looking for an Internet provider that is similar to T-Mobile's Home Internet. WHat are my options?

Starling is probably out of the question because we live in NY and we have these natural firewalls called trees at many of the places we go.
    Ok. TMobile Home says it will not work in an RV that it needs a stationary location. Not true. They just don’t want you to use it that way. Get TMobile Home. Set it up in your house. Then don’t tell them but take it on the road. It has worked at 5 out of the last 6 RV parks I went to.
    BigSam
    2021 Imagine 2500 RL
    2020 F150 SuperCab FX4 6.5 Bed 5.0L Engine
    Carry Cap 2066# Tow Cap 9100# Truck 7050# GWVR

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And to clarify, the VPN client is running on my VM. I am very sure it is the carrier that is blocking me.
    What carrier are you using? It seems almost inconceivable that they would block 443 on a hotspot. I use a Consumer Cellular hotspot all the time and have used both Citrix and Bitdefender VPNs with no problems other than an occasional line drop.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSam View Post
    Ok. TMobile Home says it will not work in an RV that it needs a stationary location. Not true. They just don’t want you to use it that way. Get TMobile Home. Set it up in your house. Then don’t tell them but take it on the road. It has worked at 5 out of the last 6 RV parks I went to.
    I did go with the home internet. The Tech I talked with (not reading off the script) told me that if I go away for a week, call them if I have issues. As you stated, they would prefer a hotspot because there is a cap on that.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Servant View Post
    What carrier are you using? It seems almost inconceivable that they would block 443 on a hotspot. I use a Consumer Cellular hotspot all the time and have used both Citrix and Bitdefender VPNs with no problems other than an occasional line drop.
    It is T-Mobile and the only two things I can think it to be would be my phone's hotspot, or the VPN server/client. I see that it gets to the server but coming back it just doesn't like what is being sent. Personally at this point it has turned into a MASSIVE pain in the neck so I am going to spend the money and not go with a Hotspot. Afterall, hotspots have limited data for the most part.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345