User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 holes in coroplast right between the axles- Imagine 2600RB

This morning, I noticed we had a very slow drip happening right between our axles.
    On further inspection, I noticed that there are 3 uniform holes in the coroplast drilled in a row right smack dab between the axles.

I got up under there with a towel and it smells like clean/soapy gray water.

The only thing I can think that we have done differently this week, is this is our first RV park without full hook ups where we have filled up our gray water tanks a bit higher than we normally would. Is it possible that they overflowed and our sensors are just off?

My plan was to get food coloring and go through process of elimination to see if I could figure out if it is gray tank 1 or 2.

Two questions:
    1) Is it normal for the factory to drill uniform holes like that in the coroplast?
    2) How seriously do I need to take this if we can confirm its a gray tank leak that only happens when we fill up our tanks all of the way?

Thank you all, one day I am going to write a book about everything we've been through as full time rv'ers. I am sure its not unique, but it has been quite a ride!
    Last edited by robjob222; 06-21-2022 at 09:57 AM.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robjob222 View Post

Two questions:
    1) Is it normal for the factory to drill uniform holes like that in the coroplast?
    2) How seriously do I need to take this if we can confirm its a gray tank leak that only happens when we fill up our tanks all of the way?
    My Reflection, and pretty much everything built in the last 2 years, has the drain holes in the underbelly material.

The tanks have slip fittings into them, so if you fill/overfill them, they can easily leak into the underbelly.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same thing happen on a 221RB Xplor. I just don't try and fill up the grey tanks to the max anymore. Probably have been camping 12 or more times since and never noticed any leaking again.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    My Reflection, and pretty much everything built in the last 2 years, has the drain holes in the underbelly material.

The tanks have slip fittings into them, so if you fill/overfill them, they can easily leak into the underbelly.
    What diameter are the holes? I might drill some as a preventative but don’t want to create a mouse entrance.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    What diameter are the holes? I might drill some as a preventative but don’t want to create a mouse entrance.
    They're about 1/2 inch or so. Not really very big.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed quite a few "purposefully located" holes in my underbelly a couple of weekends ago and it concerned me that it was the previous owner attending to a leak issue. Now ... it's also bowing badly between supports ... and held up with a half-dozen ratchet straps ...

I'm going to see about scheduling time with a local shop to drop the underbelly and do a full inspection for me (I don't have the room or experience to see what might be wrong) over the winter. At least it's good to know the holes may have been there from the mfr!
    -Pam
    2019 GD Imagine 2600RB bought in 2022.
    towed by a 2019 Nissan NV 3500 Passenger van
    prior trailer: 2017 Coleman CTS16FB towed by a 2012 Kia Sedona, then the 2019 NV.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve had two trailers with tanks that leaked when over filled. One the gray tank, the other the black.