Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could also be a loose wire at the plug or at the breakers. A poor connection can cause high resistance and will increase the amperage. It was built during Covid.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe a bad circuit breaker. After too many times pulling close the maximum load it can get weak.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only see one breaker for the GFCI/CONV so I am assuming that means all the outlets are for the same breaker?

Last night we had to go get an extension cord and run it from the 15amp plug into the trailer and have the AC unit plugged into that by itself since we have two dogs and it was getting quite toasty yesterday.

We are headed to an actual campground tomorrow but I am worried that it will trip again or that the campground won’t have a 15amp and 30amp plug at the hookup spot. I’m not sure if having it plugged into another 30amp will help the AC unit not trip the breaker. Can we reasonable assume since it’s tripping here that it will also trip at another 30 amp?
    Joseph and Haley Stanley and Lucy the Dogs

2018 F150 Sport 4x4
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Maybe a bad circuit breaker. After too many times pulling close the maximum load it can get weak.
    Is there an easy way to check? I am not familiar with electrical components of breakers and wires but willing to try and learn since these kinds of things are bound to pop up.

2018 F150 Sport 4x4
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    Could also be a loose wire at the plug or at the breakers. A poor connection can cause high resistance and will increase the amperage. It was built during Covid.
    I tried another outlet yesterday and the same thing happened so I can reasonably assume it’s the breaker and not the plug?

2018 F150 Sport 4x4
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will look at getting one of those the AC unit says it has an input of 11.7amps but maybe it draws more than that when it’s getting hotter in the trailer. It was upper 90s yesterday here in Michigan.

2018 F150 Sport 4x4
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJourneys0506 View Post
    I will look at getting one of those the AC unit says it has an input of 11.7amps but maybe it draws more than that when it’s getting hotter in the trailer. It was upper 90s yesterday here in Michigan.
    If you are not comfortable with electricity maybe get someone to help. Just be sure to disconnect the rig from shore power before messing with the circuit breaker. Sometimes an easy thing to do is swap breakers in the panel to see if one is weak. I don't know what circuit breaker panel looks like, but maybe there is another one you can swap it with.

At the very least you will probably need to remove the breaker and take a picture or two of it to take to the local hardware store to find one that will fit.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flip the breaker for the converter off. Then find another plug in the trailer that is still hot and plug into that and see what happens. You can check to see if the plug is hot by plugging anything that is 110 volts into it. (light, fan, coffee maker ect.)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank y’all for the help/advice! We are parked at a Cracker Barrel for the night and head into Canada tomorrow morning so when I get to our campground I will update y’all with what happens trying a new hookup. We appreciate it a lot

2018 F150 Sport 4x4
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    Flip the breaker for the converter off. Then find another plug in the trailer that is still hot and plug into that and see what happens. You can check to see if the plug is hot by plugging anything that is 110 volts into it. (light, fan, coffee maker ect.)
    I am going to try this tomorrow when we are hooked up. Thank you for the advice I assumed all the outlets were tied to that one breaker and we got busy today so I wasn’t able to try much.

2018 F150 Sport 4x4
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast