User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water system won't pressurize in dry camping mode

I have a 2019 Solitude 2930 with a p1 nautilus water system. Works great on city water mode but won't pressurize fully in dry camping. The system is set according to the diagram for dry camping. Water flows to the faucets but sputters. If I close the faucet, the pump will stop running after several minutes but when opened, the sputtering continues. Water flow is weaker on the hot water side. The water flow increases for a few seconds (hot or cold) but reverts to sputtering and flow decreases again. Fresh water tank is full. If I set the system to winterize, the pump will draw water from a bucket and will pressurize in seconds. I can open and close each faucet with no sputtering and the pump stops almost immediately after the faucet is closed. No water leaks anywhere so I'm guessing air is getting into the system. Pump checks out fine. I've run the pump for 10 minutes on several occasions thinking that the air would eventually purge...nope. Any suggestions?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps check the plumbing upstream of the pump to the fresh water tank. Perhaps air is gettin at the filter. Or somewhere else.

One idea is to put the system into winterize mode and see if it will pump properly from an external tank as if it were pumping in antifreeze. This would verify that the issue is upstream of the winterization valve on the nautilus.

If it still sputters in this mode I would check the filter on the inlet side of the pump for a cracked fitting or cover or something.

If it works ok in this mode the problem might be between the winterization valve and the fresh water tank.

Hope this is helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. The system does pressurize properly in the winterization setting. So the problem is between the fresh water tank and the winterization valve. The nautilus system is a labyrinth of pipe and connections. Difficult to follow and examine. It seems the rv industry took a simple water system and decided to make a plumbing nightmare.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just had a similar problem, we at first thought it was the water pump. It ended up being the valve on the kant leak panel. We had a replacement panel waiting in the trailer so we swapped it out and everything worked as it should.

It could be one of the valves in the nautalis system
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 06-22-2022 at 07:52 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the kant leak panel?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsbork View Post
    What is the kant leak panel?
    It is the water distribution panel GD used before going to the Nautalis panel.
    I'm not familiar with working on that panel, but if it has O rings and one got displaced it could cause problems.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced the two-way (black) valve on the p1 nautilus system and everything works as it should. I just don't understand why a valve would go bad after just a few years of periodic use.