User Tag List

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Little Bighorn Battlefield Hardin Montana

First of all who's bright idea was it to crop dust a field right behind the KOA Campground in Hardin Montana at 0600? Cotton picking plane was doing touch and goes off our roof!!!
    Well anyway got us up and at it early! Don't know what he was spraying on a grass field.

Yesterday, we really enjoyed the Little Bighorn and the history lesson given by Native American Park Rangers. Spent 2.5 hours touring the battlefield, visitors center and trading post. Lots of history here, of mistakes made, lack of reconnaissance, errors in battlefield tactics, arrogance, glory hunting, underestimating your adversary, and in the end it didn't matter, the outcome was inevitable. So sad.

Pulling out this morning to head to West Yellowstone, supposed to reopen June 22nd.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    First of all who's bright idea was it to crop dust a field right behind the KOA Campground in Hardin Montana at 0600? Cotton picking plane was doing touch and goes off our roof!!!
    So... was he picking cotton or spraying? Also, as a former pilot, an RV is a pretty short runway - even for an Ag Cat.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been to Little Bighorn. For me it was interesting.

Sorry to hear about the plane. Gotta get that chemical down before the winds pick up...

I think I remember you are staying in Idaho when you visit Yellowstone. I can highly recommend the ride from Three Forks down to West Yellowstone on 287. Highway 20 to Island Park is good too.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    So... was he picking cotton or spraying? Also, as a former pilot, an RV is a pretty short runway - even for an Ag Cat.

Rob
    But not a Navy Pilot!! But yeah they need just a little longer deck if they catch the #3 wire.
    Last edited by Second Chance; 06-23-2022 at 08:01 AM.
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    We've been to Little Bighorn. For me it was interesting.

Sorry to hear about the plane. Gotta get that chemical down before the winds pick up...

I think I remember you are staying in Idaho when you visit Yellowstone. I can highly recommend the ride from Three Forks down to West Yellowstone on 287. Highway 20 to Island Park is good too.
    287 was our alternate route, we took 191 to 20. Boy 191 was sure busy and a lot of semi and concrete truck traffic. Don't know but I suspect with the 89 Northern entrance closed the West entrance maybe the resupply route into the park along with the south and east.
    Anyway we are here in Island Park, can't get into the park until tomorrow, they are using license plates last number odd or even for day entrance. Got to stop by the West visitors center for an up to date map and whats still closed.

Can't get over all the "watch for wildlife on roads" signs with the speed limit on 20 being 65mph. At that speed you haven't got a prayer to stop in time, and on a 2 lane road to boot. Tami was saying on the drive in that she still hasn't seen any wildlife. I told her be careful what you wish for, you might get to meet something as big as a moose up close and personal!