User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    I'm considering replacing the window in the door of my 2022 303 to the clear window with a shade.
    Been thinking about heat and security. There are only a couple on the mkt, but is there any input on one brand or the other for quality? Is there any issues with the built in shade? The install looks pretty straight fwd.

Thanks
    Ray
    I like the Lippert version since it allows you to change out the thin shade without having to remove the window like one of the other popular brands.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went with the RV door CloZure shade and clear glass kit from Zarcor. Can operate w door / screen closed, they loan you removal clips, on Amazon $149

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm considering replacing the window in the door of my 2022 303 to the clear window with a shade.
    Been thinking about heat and security. There are only a couple on the mkt, but is there any input on one brand or the other for quality? Is there any issues with the built in shade? The install looks pretty straight fwd.

Thanks
    Ray
    We replaced our window in the door with a clear Dark Tint window. (like the other windows in the Trailer) We Love it! We can see out real well, but it's hard to see inside from the outside. We decided against the window with shade because we like to see who's at our door without having to open it, as the screen door is between you and the shade in the window. Highly recommend the dark tinted windows.
    Roger and Linda
    Cary, NC
    GD Imagine 2150
    2008 Nissan Titan 5.6L

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Also consider mounting the shade with the pull up. What I mean is you mount the window upside down and pull down on the shade to open vs close. Reason being is you can have it down 1 or 2 inches and see out, but nobody can see in, even standing on the stairs. They would only see ceiling. It adds a somewhat layer of security. We love our shade. Get some popsicle sticks and smooth them down as a wedge for removing the old window.

Good luck
    That’s exactly what we did and we really like it over the frosted glass.

Somewhat of a pain to raise and lower the shade by reaching between the doors but for us it’s a minor inconvenience compared to the additional light and ability to see outside without others being able to see in when we have the shade drawn halfway *up*.

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our Imagine we installed the sunshade window. Was easy to install and operate.

When we went to the 303 Reflection, we bought good lexan clear sheet. Made a cardboard pattern with tabs to insert into the track. Cut it out and inserted into door channel. Did both top and bottom panels. Lots of light and the AC or heater can be on.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it's worth my brother in law replaced his with one that has the pull down shade between the panes of glass. He bought it on Amazon. Not sure which one. From the beginning he has had problems with operating it and regrets his purchase.

I was mostly concerned about light in the morning and bought a blackout shade on Amazon. https://amazon.com/gp/product/B07X5W...rch_asin_title Since I don't like to poke holes in things unless it's absolutely necessary I didn't use the included snaps that you screw onto the door. Instead I bought these metal disks https://amazon.com/gp/product/B0823F...rch_asin_title and these magnets. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...rch_asin_title The round metal disks stick to the corners of the window and the magnets fit perfectly inside the snaps and hold the shade securely to the metal disks. Easy to attach and take off the window and makes it much darker inside the trailer.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Ray
    Ray, we have a 2018 Solitude and I just purchased our slim shade off Amazon and the install was really very easy; less than $100 and had it in 2 days. The old one is wrapped up and stored. The only thing I don't like is having to open the door to raise the inset shade because now it's dark instead of getting the light and seeing through it but in this hot weather I just leave the shade closed. It is amazing how much heat comes through that little, tiny window!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You all have given me many things to consider.
    Thanks to everyone.
    Ray

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We addressed this issue in our rig using one of my wife’s old scarfs. Color and pattern on the scarf is perfect for the Pebble interior, and cost is zero to do.

We folded the scarf in half and added a pice of Velcro on the scarf and the screen door. It now just attached to the top of the door. Does not hamper the use of either door, allows just the right amount of light in, and we can just move it to the side to see out.

Will post pics once I take them.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bill, a little confused but, looking forward to pictures.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    We addressed this issue in our rig using one of my wife’s old scarfs. Color and pattern on the scarf is perfect for the Pebble interior, and cost is zero to do.

We folded the scarf in half and added a pice of Velcro on the scarf and the screen door. It now just attached to the top of the door. Does not hamper the use of either door, allows just the right amount of light in, and we can just move it to the side to see out.

Will post pics once I take them.

Bill

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast