Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toyhauler Patio/Tailgate weatherproof?

Momentum 354M - 2017
    First time posting.
    Last year we bought a Momentum 354M (2017) - we have heard differing information about the back patio/tailgate and if we can leave it open (in patio position) during rain. We would love to leave it open more but we are afraid that it may not be build for it.
    I would appreciate info from those of you that have experience. Thanks in advance.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to The forum !

We don't have a toy hauler but at the recent TN rally MorRyde had a tent for the patio/deck that was awesome. If we had a toyhauler this would be tops on the accessory list
    http://www.morryde.com/products/216-patioex
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my opinion only since I am not a GD engineer, they are built for it. There is an awning over it, it is designed for a patio especially if you have the 3 season doors and besides all of that, the off-road toys that I haul in mine bring a pretty good array of mud and junk in the garage with them. Use it and enjoy it. It is like any other part of the RV it requires maintenance and care. Clean it, oil it and go on.
    Johnny and Cindy with Bubba & Bopper – rescue furbabies
    2019 Momentum 398M, Roadmaster shocks, Centramatic balancers, TST 507-6 TPMS, Furrion Observation camera, Air-Flex Pin Box, Snappads, Ultra-Fab 2.5” x 3” rollers, Putco 60" Blade LED Tail light bars
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW Lariat, B&W 25K Companion Hitch, Firestone Ride-Rite air bags / compressor, Bakflip MX4 bed cover, Rough Country Grille lights, Ranchhand full bumper and grill

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That tent looks awesome - we will have to look into that!! Thanks.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you! We just heard a few horror stories about the actual ramp/patio material separating after repeated exposure to the rain.
    We love and use ours to the max - and it sounds like you do too!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if it might be worth sealinig all the floor edges with silicone to keep the water out of the edges. I would think also around all the hardware, nuts and bolts.
    I think the foor would be water proof as well.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - those are great ideas!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use our deck pretty much every time. It has been out in the rain several times and I have noticed no ill effects. One note on the tents mentioned. I called to see about getting one but it would not work on my 395M due to the 45 degree angles of the rails on the rear corners. It needs to be squared.
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. We are in Florida so I don't think we will test it during the rainy season but the rest of the year it sounds like it will be okay with some silicone caulk on the edges and holes.
    Thanks for the insight on the tent - our model, like yours, does not have square corners on the rails so the tent option is out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can u tell me the exact measurement (length) of your garage. They just say 11’. Do u know if a Polaris 900 or 1000 will fit if it has the patio walls in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast