User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7-in1 Antenna Installation - 2021 Solitude 3740BH

I need a little guidance. I just purchased a 3740BH and we are full time. I need to install our new MobileMark 7-in-1 antenna but I don't have the schematics of the unit with electrical, plumbing, duct work, etc. I really need the antenna installed above the bedroom, where my "office" will be. Where can I find the schematics? Anyone else install something like this? Thoughts? Ideas? Thank you all in advance for your time.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try calling or emailing GD customer service to see if they would be provided.
    https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...e-and-warranty
    I won't say because I haven't tried but I think others will comment on your probability of success.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHerrin View Post
    .. install our new MobileMark 7-in-1 antenna...
    I am planning to do the same and interested in your setup (modem, router, power) and process you will use for your install. You should check out Changing Lanes on the YouTube. They full time and have a similar setup. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDCIx5JpEgs install begins around the 30:30 mark in vid. Please post results/photos if you are willing. Good luck.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this setup through Changing Lanes. I'm going the exact route as Chad, minus the additional 25' telescoping antenna (Movilemusthave recommended I not purchase) and adding a T-Mobile SIM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need a little guidance. I just purchased a 3740BH and we are full time. I need to install our new MobileMark 7-in-1 antenna but I don't have the schematics of the unit with electrical, plumbing, duct work, etc. I really need the antenna installed above the bedroom, where my "office" will be. Where can I find the schematics? Anyone else install something like this? Thoughts? Ideas? Thank you all in advance for your time.
    As already suggested you can usually get a couple of "schematic" diagrams from Grand Design by calling their customer service number and providing your VIN. However the company is generally very protective of its construction "secrets".

The two diagrams that they have provided frequently are electrical circuit and cable diagrams, which are of course interesting to you. However the electrical diagram provided for the 310GK has been found by me and a few others to be significantly inaccurate in describing circuit functions and even routing. The cable diagram provided is a conceptual diagram rather than a working construction diagram, leaving the user on their own regarding the routing of cables.

YMMV. These shortcomings may be less-serious in diagrams for other models, though I've seen reports of similar disappointment from owners of other models. I've also seen the cable diagram for a couple of other models and both were identical to mine - just a conceptual drawing showing how the components of the cable system relate to each other.

One other bit of construction information that owners have sometimes got from GD on request is about specific sections of exterior wall for those wanting to punch holes in them. They've provided advice to a few people here who asked specifically about drilling a wall for dryer venting or wiring.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else install something like this? Thoughts? Ideas?
    I installed the Poynting 7 in 1 antenna above the bedroom TV in my Solitude 310GK. I mounted my Pepwave MaxTransit Cat 18 modem on the wall behind the TV and used the AC outlet by the TV for power. This wasn't my first choice for mounting the equipment but in the end it worked out really well. it allowed me to get easy access to the AC outlet for power, I didn't have to use an extension cable for the antenna and I was able to mount the modem where I have easy access to it. I was originally going to mount the modem behind the basement wall and use the satellite wire channel to run the antenna cable from the roof. But, that would have required the antenna extension cable (resulting in loss of signal strength) and I would have had to figure out a power source for the modem.

I mounted the antenna just a couple inches from the edge of the roof. Very simple install. This location avoided A/C ducting. Since I wasn't sure about any possible wiring in that location on the roof, I just drilled a small hole to start with and fished around for wires. Not finding any, I drilled the final hole and mounted the antenna then sealed around it.

The Pepwave modem has excellent admin software. I'm really happy with our mobile internet solution. We don't use it in our winter RV spot where we access to cable internet but it works great when we're on the road.

Good luck!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for all the advice and assistance! Appreciate everyone taking the time to respond! I contacted GD and requested assistance as well. I'll keep everyone updated. Maybe I'll record something. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Brian,

I just purchased the same Pepwave modem and the 7-in-1 Husky antenna. Did you install a metal plate under the antenna?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmsalerno2 View Post
    Hi Brian,

I just purchased the same Pepwave modem and the 7-in-1 Husky antenna. Did you install a metal plate under the antenna?
    If you're referring to me - No, I didn't.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At first, no and I regretted it. After talking with the MobileMustHave people and referring to the manual, I realized the grounding plane was necessary. So, I reluctantly pulled it out, added a 12"x12" piece of aluminium and reinstalled. Much better signal now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast