User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spc530 View Post
    I have a 2022 22RBE with the same problem. Second trip out and the bathroom sliding door track pulled away from the ceiling. I can see where the screw pulled out.

I can take the door off and screw the track back in but I want to do this repair once. Does anyone know what is in the ceiling that these tracks are suppose to screw into? My guess is a wood rafter. Why would a screw pull out? Any recommendations on a more permanent fix?

ThanksAttachment 42036
    There's an old carpenter's trick that I learned ages ago, restoring vintage furniture.

Get some Elmer's wood glue and round, plain, wooden toothpicks. Take a toothpick and poke it into the hole to determine if the screw is actually biting into something, if not, then you have a bunch more with ahead of you and I'll not cover that here. Once you have determined that the is something the screw is supposed to bite into, take a tongue depressor (some people call them popsicle sticks) put a little bit of glue on the end and mash as much into the hole as you can (kind difficult when it's above you). Once you have done that, stick as many toothpicks into the hole as you can tightly fit: don't break then off yet. Wait until it dries, then take a chisel and cut them off as close to the surface as possible. Use sand paper and sand it smooth. Then, put the screw in; that fix should hold it fine and dandy.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4A135139-5734-4166-A44C-D73BA091A528.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	42116Still trying to fix my bathroom sliding door. Appreciate the suggestion to use glue and toothpicks. I ended up taking taking everything down, the door, track and 2x3 that the track attaches to. There is nothing I can find in the ceiling for the 2x3 to bite into. Using a probe all I can feel is insulation and empty space. It appears that GD tried to screw into the bathroom wall as well but those screws didn’t go in very far and easily pulled away. Has anyone had to rehang / fix a sliding door and what did you attach the 2x3 to? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DE3D99D6-F01B-4D24-A300-B78C9A5713DF.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	42114
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BF770D5F-DA97-4C82-A5E6-E70D8A1874D9.jpg  

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spc530 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4A135139-5734-4166-A44C-D73BA091A528.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	42116Still trying to fix my bathroom sliding door. Appreciate the suggestion to use glue and toothpicks. I ended up taking taking everything down, the door, track and 2x3 that the track attaches to. There is nothing I can find in the ceiling for the 2x3 to bite into. Using a probe all I can feel is insulation and empty space. It appears that GD tried to screw into the bathroom wall as well but those screws didn’t go in very far and easily pulled away. Has anyone had to rehang / fix a sliding door and what did you attach the 2x3 to? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DE3D99D6-F01B-4D24-A300-B78C9A5713DF.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	42114
    In the last picture, there is a strip. That strip covers the joint between the luan boards that make up the ceiling (and the walls). It should be pin nailed to a joist. It really sounds like you are going to have to carefully remove that strip, then carefully remove as much of the luan as you can to physically inspect the ceiling. It is possible (albeit remotely) that there is a joint higher up. If not, you may have to get some 1"x2" board, secure them to the joists so they are perpendicular to the door, at the spots a screw should go, then rehang that top piece.

I know it doesn't sound like an elegant solution, but short of taking it to the dealer, you are going to probably have to MacGyver something to hold it.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12