Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portable tank

My Wife and I were trying to figure this out. We are looking at sites that are not full hook ups. Water and electricity only. Black water tank will last for about five days but both of our grey water tanks need to be emptied every other day if not daily. If the campground has a dumping facility what are the options to dump without moving the trailer?
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a honey wagon when we had our pull behind. I think it held about 40 gallons. Not a lot of fun to pull to the dump station, but it worked well. Google Thetford honey wagon to see options. How big are your grey tanks? Needing to empty every day is really a chore.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    We bought a honey wagon when we had our pull behind. I think it held about 40 gallons. Not a lot of fun to pull to the dump station, but it worked well. Google Thetford honey wagon to see options. How big are your grey tanks? Needing to empty every day is really a chore.
    Dakota is correct ... you'll see quite a few folks carrying the little "refuse totes" strapped to the back of their trailer for just that reason. One word of caution: I bought the 40 gallon, towable wagon but after you drain stuff into it you have to manually pull it to your truck and lift it onto a hitch ball and that much watery stuff is HEAVY! There are smaller units that you can trundle down the road like a little red wagon, but they don't hold as much. ALSO be advised that you have to fill the tank by "rough-guessing" how much is going into it.
    Pam and Doug
    2017 F350 (the Dragon) with 2015 GD Ref 337RLS (the Dragon's Tail)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some sites also offer to come to you to empty your tanks. For a fee of course. Or you can get a wagon as previously mentioned. They come in different size and some have 4 wheels for easier transportation. There's also tricks to limiting the amount of grey water. Dumping the dishwater in the toilet, military showers, paper plates...

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the Camco Rhino 28 gallon
    Works great

I actually look forward to doing it

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2x on the wagon. We have a small (15 gal) that works well and gives your calf muscles a slight pump on hilly terrain but it's ok for an old guy like me. Comes with a hook you can use to transport with the TV. Haven't tried that yet.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more in favor of the tote. I find it VERY easy to use and rinse clean. I have an 18 gallon, so it's not too heavy and mine easily fits in the front storage compartment. It does take a few trips to completely empty from full, but not a task that I dread.

I have one with four wheels and a handle that allows me to pull it like a wagon. Very easy to pull with no need to attach to hitch (although the handle does allow that).

Here is the link to the one I have. My one complaint about it is the short sewer hose it came with was very flimsy, I ordered a 3 foot Rhino hose that is much sturdier.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by Keebler; 06-23-2022 at 09:37 AM.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all. I was just wondering what people use. I was thinking that maybe you were using a 100-500 gallon water buffalo.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    Thanks all. I was just wondering what people use. I was thinking that maybe you were using a 100-500 gallon water buffalo.
    There's many options available. Keep in mind, the bigger capacity the heavier. I've seen people with smaller ones just lift them onto their truck bed (young with good backs) I've seen others with larger ones hook them on their trailer hitch and slowly rolled them to the dump station. The latest I've seen which isn't bad, is a real large tote sitting empty in the truck bed position ready to dump and using a marcerator pump to transfer. This would give you the largest capacity and save your back.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Rhino 36-gallon tank. Pretty heavy when full, we tow it behind the TV to the dump station. Showers are our biggest issue, a trip to the dump station is worth it.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast