Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Portable tank

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portable tank

My Wife and I were trying to figure this out. We are looking at sites that are not full hook ups. Water and electricity only. Black water tank will last for about five days but both of our grey water tanks need to be emptied every other day if not daily. If the campground has a dumping facility what are the options to dump without moving the trailer?
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a honey wagon when we had our pull behind. I think it held about 40 gallons. Not a lot of fun to pull to the dump station, but it worked well. Google Thetford honey wagon to see options. How big are your grey tanks? Needing to empty every day is really a chore.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some sites also offer to come to you to empty your tanks. For a fee of course. Or you can get a wagon as previously mentioned. They come in different size and some have 4 wheels for easier transportation. There's also tricks to limiting the amount of grey water. Dumping the dishwater in the toilet, military showers, paper plates...

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the Camco Rhino 28 gallon
    Works great

I actually look forward to doing it

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2x on the wagon. We have a small (15 gal) that works well and gives your calf muscles a slight pump on hilly terrain but it's ok for an old guy like me. Comes with a hook you can use to transport with the TV. Haven't tried that yet.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more in favor of the tote. I find it VERY easy to use and rinse clean. I have an 18 gallon, so it's not too heavy and mine easily fits in the front storage compartment. It does take a few trips to completely empty from full, but not a task that I dread.

I have one with four wheels and a handle that allows me to pull it like a wagon. Very easy to pull with no need to attach to hitch (although the handle does allow that).

Here is the link to the one I have. My one complaint about it is the short sewer hose it came with was very flimsy, I ordered a 3 foot Rhino hose that is much sturdier.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by Keebler; 06-23-2022 at 09:37 AM.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all. I was just wondering what people use. I was thinking that maybe you were using a 100-500 gallon water buffalo.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    My Wife and I were trying to figure this out. We are looking at sites that are not full hook ups. Water and electricity only. Black water tank will last for about five days but both of our grey water tanks need to be emptied every other day if not daily. If the campground has a dumping facility what are the options to dump without moving the trailer?
    The GD website lists a 68 gallon gray water capacity for your rig. If you are having to empty every other day, that is ALOT of water use in two days. We also frequent many COE campgrounds which are not FHU. We have become very fresh and gray water aware which has allowed us to make 6 to 7 days. Paper plates, wet wipes and use of the campground shower house can extend your time between having to dump gray tanks.
    YMMV
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    The GD website lists a 68 gallon gray water capacity for your rig. If you are having to empty every other day, that is ALOT of water use in two days. We also frequent many COE campgrounds which are not FHU. We have become very fresh and gray water aware which has allowed us to make 6 to 7 days. Paper plates, wet wipes and use of the campground shower house can extend your time between having to dump gray tanks.
    YMMV
    First, it has a combined of 68 gallons since it has two grey water tanks. From what I gather the indicators in the RV are not correct. Wife and I shower (military style) and it says 3/4 full. I guess I could run them until it says 100% but not sure what will happen if it overflows. Does the sink/shower stop draining or does it have an over flow?
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you have a Transcend so to do this, you'd need external bits, but I find that we can get an extra day out of our gray tanks if we tie both tanks together by leaving the gray tank valves open and putting a twist-on valve on the outlet.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast