Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fridge Question

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hartcentr View Post
    Ok, thanks. When boondocking and running on propane, the fans seem to run almost continually draining the batteries. I was thinking about putting in a couple of small computer type fans (that use little power) up at the top to help with the exhaust, but I doubt there is room there with that baffle. Would an additional fan at the bottom vent blowing in rather than sucking air out help?
    My fans quit working the day before our first trip. I put a small household fan on a step stool and angled it up from the bottom vent (took vent cover off. Also the top vent cover). Works like a charm. Fridge has stayed at the correct temp and freezer is at about 10 degrees. It rained the other day for a few hours so I had to
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question. Does anyone know at what temp the Dometic fridge fan(s) are set to turn on and off?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fridge Question

Quick question. Does anyone know at what temp the Dometic fridge fan(s) are set to turn on and off?
    I believe the on temp is 130 deg f and the off is 115. Too high in my opinion.

I replaced mine with a 115/100.

I also added a fan at the bottom. 250mm fan attached directly to the plastic vent, and a separate thermo control set to the same temps. Works awesome.

I tapped into the same power as the two factory fans and added a separate 10 p blade fuse.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    I believe the on temp is 130 deg f and the off is 115. Too high in my opinion.

I replaced mine with a 115/100.

I also added a fan at the bottom. 250mm fan attached directly to the plastic vent, and a separate thermo control set to the same temps. Works awesome.

I tapped into the same power as the two factory fans and added a separate 10 p blade fuse.

Bill
    Thanks. Most people put fans on the upper vent to draw air out, which is complicated by the baffle. So you put yours on the lower vent to push air in (and up)?

No problems with the propane pilot when running on propane?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Most people put fans on the upper vent to draw air out, which is complicated by the baffle. So you put yours on the lower vent to push air in (and up)?

No problems with the propane pilot when running on propane?
    Not so far, only did one trip so far with it installed this way. Going on a 3000 mile trip in August, let you know.

I don’t anticipate any problems, the pilot and the flame are far enough away and a bit protected from that airflow.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Not so far, only did one trip so far with it installed this way. Going on a 3000 mile trip in August, let you know.

I don’t anticipate any problems, the pilot and the flame are far enough away and a bit protected from that airflow.

Bill
    I always travel with the fridge on, and I've never had the flame go out. If 70 MPH does not mess with it, I don't see that fan doing anything.

Have a great trip!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12