User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Thermostat Location

We have a 3670MK. The thermostat for the living area is mounted on the hallway wall directly opposite the entry door. It is my intention to move the thermostat 90 degrees so it is facing the kitchen island. Has anybody else found this location to not be very efficient ?

Thanks
    Bill

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2021 2670MK, with dual AC units. One control panel inside entry door and one left of bedroom closet. I installed the remote temperature sensor kits for both, enabling the temp sensors to be moved from inside the air intake chamber (above the air filters) to the wall, next to the AC control panels (thermostats). Made a Huge difference in temp control. Search the forum, others have done the same.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have little to no knowledge of temp sensors by the filters. I assumed that the control panel (thermostat) was where the temperature was detected and it reacted accordingly. What is a remote temperature kit? And what is it supposed to do? The thermostat being opposite the door makes the hallway hotter than the rest of the living room, conseguently the air runs to cool off the hallway while the rest of the living area is freezing.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, ours is a 2020 2670mk. Sorry for the confusion.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WSCY1500 View Post
    Sorry, ours is a 2020 2670mk. Sorry for the confusion.
    If you use the forum's search function and search for "temp sensor", you'll likely find numerous posts about this issue. I've included a link to one of them:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...985#post421985

One note of clarification, I have Furrion brand AC units and my note is specific to those. If yours is a different brand, this info may not apply.

Assuming you have Furrion, then yes, the control on the wall is not a true thermostat, just a control panel, as it does not include a temperature sensor.
    The temp sensor is accessible by removing the air filter and then looking up into the cavity above the air filter (flashlight needed), where you should find a small, black device that looks like a short wire that just ends with a black plastic coated termination (the thermistor/temperature sensor).
    Mine actually has a label with "temp sensor" written on it.
    The factory location of the temp sensor makes no sense to me.

Many folks have improved the AC function by simply making a small hole in the air filter and poking the sensor down through that hole, so that at least the sensor is actually in the room that the AC is cooling.
    I think, on the short term, if you just poke the temp sensor down through the air filter, you'll find it helps quite a bit.

The relocation kit I mentioned is a wire harness extension kit that allows relocating the sensor to a more appropriate, more functional location--the wall near the "thermostat", or wherever you find appropriate.
    I will say, I found running the cable extension kit somewhat difficult for the entry location, but I got it done.
    I found it nearly impossible in the bedroom, so I ended up using spare, unused wires in the original AC control panel cable to splice in the extension kit connectors and avoid having route the new cable through the ceiling and bedroom wall, as there were many obstructions.
    As of a few months ago, Grand Design would mail the sensor relocation kit for free; don't know if that has changed.
    If you're not experienced/knowledgeable with routing cable, splicing wires, using a DVM, etc, you may want to get help with this.

Good luck and safe travels.
    PapaD & GrandAnna
    2021 Imagine 2670MK
    2021 Silverado 2500 LTZ, 6.6 Duramax, Allison 10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an Imagine 2970RL. I received my 2 kits from Grand Design, which includes a new thermostat with the room sensor on the bottom. I installed the one for the living area but the thermostat just blinks "60" for the temperature. pressing any button just makes the "60" flash. I have triple checked the wiring. Everything is clearly labeled. Anyone else have this problem or a solution? I'm waiting to install the rear kit until I get this resolved.
    Thanks for any suggestions!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonRobinson1 View Post
    I have an Imagine 2970RL. I received my 2 kits from Grand Design, which includes a new thermostat with the room sensor on the bottom. I installed the one for the living area but the thermostat just blinks "60" for the temperature. pressing any button just makes the "60" flash. I have triple checked the wiring. Everything is clearly labeled. Anyone else have this problem or a solution? I'm waiting to install the rear kit until I get this resolved.
    Thanks for any suggestions!
    You should have also received a new zone controller, which is mounted in the intake plenum of the A/C box. The new "thermostat" does not know how to talk to the old zone controller.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bad! I did get a new zone controller which I installed along with the new thermostat. When I connect to power, the thermostat doesn't function normally. It just displays "Heat" and "60". Any button just makes the "60" blink.