User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GE 12v Fridge runs non-stop

2022 2400bh, has a GE fridge rather than the Furion in it.. assuming due to shortages or Furion issues.

The fridge seems to run constantly, and also is pretty loud when it gets up and running. I worry about camping not hooked up to power, and draining the batteries. This has solar, but I dont know if its going to be enough to make up for the fridge running non stop.

Am I able to call GE out to look, or do you think I need to have this dropped to the dealer? I'd rather not lose the trailer for months.

Anyone else with a GE?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, can't speak to GE or getting it serviced... But our Furion does the same thing and the solar can not/does not keep up

Mine is at the dealer now for the refer issue and a slide issue, been there for 2 weeks and still hasn't been seen by a tech

Good luck
    Rick

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a GE and it's a power hog compared to the Furrion and other brands. I put mine in myself 2 seasons ago and we're now entering our 3rd season with it. I too was concerned about it running all the time as well as the huge fluctuation in temps. It goes from 30-41 ish and the freezer goes from -15-20 to 5 or so. Huge variances.
    On the plus side we've never had food go bad. I have a 3 pc fridge temp set with one sending unit in the freezer and the other in the fresh part. The receiver has magnets and sits on the face of the range hood. At any time I can se what the temps are. It seems like it's always running but if you read the manual it says it does run a lot but that it's basically idling. Not sure I really believe them.
    I called GE and they sent a tech guy out. He said it's a power hog and it's running normal. Just to make sure he put a new thermostat in and also gave me the ECU thing thats located by the compressor. He said if the fridge ever quits to replace that part. There's only those 2 parts to worry about. He also said the fridge is designed like they designed them in the 70's. Very simple but not efficient.
    I have 500w of solar on the roof but have used it with 400w. If you don't run anything else and have 4 6V batteries you can get by dry camping for days on end in sunny to partly cloudy skies.
    FWIW at my house with no trees blocking the sun and only the fridge running, the solar will keep the batteries fully charged 24/7. They only drop down to 12.4-5 at night and by 1:00 pm they're charged.
    Problem is most of the time we're in the trees so I have to run the gen to finish off the batteries.
    We also run a lot of 12V stuff out camping.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @goducks14

How loud is yours while running? Mine is pretty noisy. I understand the constant running… I guess. From what I understand the compressor turning on is the heaviest duty part, so that sorta makes sense. Just the noise is wild.

What coldness setting are you on?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baconboy View Post
    @goducks14

How loud is yours while running? Mine is pretty noisy. I understand the constant running… I guess. From what I understand the compressor turning on is the heaviest duty part, so that sorta makes sense. Just the noise is wild.

What coldness setting are you on?
    Mines not noisy at all. But it does cause a hum/drone sound in the cabinet. You only hear it at night in bed.
    I have it set at slightly less than Cold. Like an 1/8" under the Cold dot. Depending on the outside temp I may move it a little less or more.
    https://www.geappliances.com/applian...tor-GPV10FSNSB

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update on my Furrion refrig... which runs constantly and freezes most things, not to mention, drains my battery when driving

Dealer/Service Dept said they pulled the fridge and found the back was dented pretty good... They didn't even bother to test anything further, just submitted it to GD for replacement

Not in stock, no ETA... basically screwed this summer

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toy4Rick View Post
    Quick update on my Furrion refrig... which runs constantly and freezes most things, not to mention, drains my battery when driving

Dealer/Service Dept said they pulled the fridge and found the back was dented pretty good... They didn't even bother to test anything further, just submitted it to GD for replacement

Not in stock, no ETA... basically screwed this summer

My in-laws had the Furrion and it died. They were told it would be months before another one could be installed. They went with a GE on their own dime, but have submitted for reimbursement from GD. No idea if GD will honor that. The GE 10cf 12v model is available online: https://www.build.com/ge-gpv10fsn/s1719703?uid=4063110

I've seen RecPro 12v models also available; reviews appear mixed, but don't know anything else about them.

Have you looked at etrailer.com? Stock situation can be iffy, but they might actually be your best bet for getting a Furrion.

Edit for additional info - in 2020/21, we waited 9 mo for a replacement 4-door Dometic 2-way to be delivered from GD. Should have just sourced it ourselves. It literally arrived at the dealer the day we sold that trailer. The dealer sent the fridge back to GD.
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 07-01-2022 at 08:50 AM.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)