User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roof Trim with Plastic Insert Trim

We were traveling through Utah a week ago was fairly warm and pretty high high winds. One of the plastic trim strips came out of the hole length of the roof and was blowing across the roof only held on by the front connection 😳 I finally got up there to figure out what was going on. I appears that the plastic trim just got so hot and pliable that it came out of the channel. I was able to work it back into the channel. I also glued it in about every foot with with a a couple inches of black silicon sealant.

I checked the otherside and it was secure but found the back half of the screws, ~10 ft were loose. This is the side that the awning hangs from. I was able to tighten all of the screws and also applied the silicon sealant as a preventative measure.

The question I have now is that seam had pulled away from the roof and appears to have cracked the factory applied sealant.

What should I use to reseal this seam. I didn't want to just apply that black silicon, not knowing how it would interact with the roof material.

We are currently out in Colorado, heading east and then north to Canada. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you
    Neal
    2020 Imagine 2500RL
    ProPride P3
    2021 F250 6.7L PSD

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use any non-silcone roof sealant on this. Just be sure it is not self leveling because it will run down.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada