User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Limbs and broken things....

Well, our first trip out a couple of weeks ago went pretty well, except. While entering the campground (state park) on a very narrow roar, we heard a loud bang, as in hitting something, or something hitting us (didn't see anything in the mirrors so didn't stop). Got to our site and began the uh-hitching process and setting up, in the pouring down rain. A friend of mine and I walked around the rig first to see if anything was damaged - nothing. Later that day we went to a friends child's graduation party. Upon returning we went to my buddies camp site and BS and had a few beverages around the fire. As it happened, his brother in law and wife came while we were gone, and had gone for a walk up the entry road and saw what turned out to be an antenna (the newer triangular shaped ones) laying on the side of the road. They told us this while we were around the fire. I new this was NOT mine and we have the one which is covered by a dome. The next morning while my wife was brushing her teeth she saw a reflection of the skylight in the mirror. Looking up she saw this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BR skylight.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	41415 ! Later that day, after patching it as well as we could, I retraced our entry into the park back to where we heard the noise. After getting all the way to the office I returned along the road back to the campground driving more slowly (I had seen a branch that looked likely on the way to the office). At the spot of the likely culprit (which was hidden by leaves from that direction) I stopped and parked a little beyond the offending limb. Walking back I found the antenna seen the evening before AND a piece of my skylight laying about 5 feet from it. I did return to the office and let them know of the limb. I have ordered a new one from Grand Design at half the cost of Amazon, although I do not know shipping cost yet. The really interesting thing is that two RV's prior to this we were returning home from a trip. We heard a very loud bag and pulled over as soon as we could. Inspection shower nothing wrong. A month later, while getting ready to go on another trip, again in the pouring down rain an all dayer) I went into the camper and heard water running - we were not hooked to water up as we were at home! Looking in the bathroom the water was running into the tub, and had it about two inches from over flowing. I immediately pulled the gray tank, then got up to the roof (aluminum roofing) and found a 3 inch hole in it! Patched it withe putty and a piece of a Michelob Ultra can. God must have been watching!!!
    Last edited by SGT ROC; 06-24-2022 at 07:44 AM.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ouch!! The very first outing with our 303 we caught a limb with the antenna that we forgot to put down. We looked at each other saying what was that... When we looked it was slightly contorted... New antenna was on the way
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/