User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insight rear-view camera - pink image, won't stay connected

My 278BH came equipped with the Lippert Insight rear-view camera. It won't stay connected to my phone for longer than 2-3 minutes. The antenna is vertical and sticking up a few inches above the roof which is correct according to the installation manual.

When it is connected, it looks like it has rose-coloured glasses and the image is tinged in pink. I've tried playing with the settings and I can get it to be tinged in other colours. The image is fine in black-and-white.

I've asked the dealer about it so I'll see what they come back with. If anyone has had these problems I'd be interested to hear how it was resolved.

Thanks!
    2022 Reflection 150 278BH
    2023 Silverado 2500HD Gas
    “If you like how it tows, don’t change anything.”

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Easycamper View Post
    My 278BH came equipped with the Lippert Insight rear-view camera. It won't stay connected to my phone for longer than 2-3 minutes. The antenna is vertical and sticking up a few inches above the roof which is correct according to the installation manual.

When it is connected, it looks like it has rose-coloured glasses and the image is tinged in pink. I've tried playing with the settings and I can get it to be tinged in other colours. The image is fine in black-and-white.

I've asked the dealer about it so I'll see what they come back with. If anyone has had these problems I'd be interested to hear how it was resolved.

Thanks!

I don’t have the rose colored glasses problem, but I barely get a bar of signal from the camera and it continuously goes offline. Curious if you get any resolution to that issue.
    Retired
    Current RV - 2022 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS Fifth Wheel
    Tow vehicle - 2021 Ford F-350 Platinum dually, 6.7L Diesel, 8' bed
    previous RV - 2020 KZ Sportsmen 303RL Fifth Wheel

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have both issues (rosey and poor signal). Don't think much of this camera.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am wiring a hardwire camera setup on my 295RL that will work with Ford Sync w/lockpick. Hate having multiple displays in the truck cab for monitoring TPMS, camera, etc, when towing my trailer.

The lockpick will allow me to switch camera views using my Ford OEM dash installed NAV display when driving/backing using OEM steering wheel controls.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)