User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A screen door latch fix

Our 303RLS began letting the screen door come loose from the main door. Rather annoying to have to constantly open both doors to go in or out. I have seen a couple of posts on this topic. Here is my repair approach.

The first image shows the "hook" that mounts on the door to hold the screen door to the main door. In this side view it is evident that the plastic part is flexing away from the door. It is moving and allowing the latch to catch on the door frame.

The second and third images show the modified hook. I have used a small bench top mill-drill to cut a 1/8-inch slot.

The fourth image shows a small piece of 1/8 aluminum strip fitting thru the slot.

The fifth image shows the modified hook attached to the door.

The metal strip attaches firmly to the door, fixing the position of the hook MUCH more firmly than the original two screws on their own.

Seems to work.

Allen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0521.jpeg   IMG_0531.jpeg   IMG_0532.jpeg   IMG_0533.jpeg   IMG_0534.jpeg  

2020 Reflection 303RLS "Betty Roy"
    2023 Silverado 2500 HD, 6.6L Duramax " "
    1955 Ford F-100 "Nellie"
    2017 Great Dane mix "Nibbler", 2018 English Lab "Hamilton"

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great work !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax