User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lippert controller crash

Out of town, out of state and the Lippert level control laid down. Does anyone know of a travel mechanic in the Austin TX area. The screen is so pixilated it can’t be read.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Dawgfever; 06-24-2022 at 07:05 PM.
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably too late but contact an RV park office for a mobile tech. I know out at Sun Outdoors on Lake Travis they have a tech there.
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Will do. At Sun Outdoors in New Braunfels.
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we have friends there as well. See a 3 axle Riverstone? Red? Toy hauler?

Usually the parks have a bulletin board with business cards.
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stroguy - we were actually leaving the park yesterday when the RV repair van pulled in. Got his number and called. He checked out the controller and confirmed it’s toast.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess that would be bittersweet news. Hope the replacement is not very expensive.
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update....
    Sunday evening it’s time to do something. If we order the new controller tomorrow it will be Tuesday at best before it arrives, maybe Wednesday for an install unless it is a direct plug and play. Try to manually Jack up the legs but the jacks are installed slam up to the frames so there is no room to get a ratchet and short extension in. Why in the world have an emergency procedure and have construction install the jacks so it can’t be done? Wife has to be at work Tuesday, likewise for the friends with us. Gotta do something even if it’s wrong.
    So I drop the tailgate and back up to hitch, heck it is close enough to hook up. But the rear jacks are down and would probably collapse if I tried. Out of frustration I go back to the controller and punch raise rear and “Whirr” they move! I stop as soon as I heard that as all the slides are still out. Not to press our luck we decide to finish packing and will try at daylight.
    Monday AM everything is working on the controller, but the screen is still pixilated. We hook up normally and “get outta Dodge”. 450 miles later, home and unhooked uneventfully and the screen is normal now.
    What happened?? Well just ask the wife and they’ll give you a simple non technical answer. “It’s only 90 here at home and it was 110 in New Braunsfels. Put a fan on the controller.” Makes sense. I guess the basement vent doesn’t put enough A/C air in for 110 or it was partially blocked. Lesson learned.
    Anyway, it seems all is well and thanks to all for you input and advice.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious if you had a grounding issue on the pedestal in New Braunfels. Possibly putting ‘hum’ on the DC input to the controller. I like the fan idea as well.

Possibly a loose connection on the controller for more possibilities.
    Randy and Kris