User Tag List

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Seasonal RV Parks? Normal part of all RV places?

I'm still new to RVing and looking forward to my new 2022 2600RB this week. But I have a question about RV campgrounds... I've only been to a handful in the past 2 years (and never before that).

It seems that each placed we stayed at had a very large area of RVs that were (more or less) permanently fixed where they were. Access ramps, decks, fences, etc. Like it was a home, not a camping trip.

I was kind of surprised to see that at each and every place we visited. I know people live in their RVs full time -- but I guess I always assumed that meant moving around the country. These were RVs that didn't move... almost like mobile home parks.

Is this a regular thing at all RV places --- some areas are just more or less permanent residents? Maybe I'm just too new to this... but it kind of made me feel like we were interrupting their lives by moving in for just a few days. My assumption was that RV campgrounds were for people traveling or vacationing and not living there. Am I just flat wrong -- RV places are always a combo of very short term visitor and long term residents?

Maybe just need to get educated. And tougher skin if I feel like we're disrupting their home.
    JohnnyT
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    2018 Land Rover Discovery (people are amazed it can tow -- it does a great job!)
    Security System: Lincoln & Brian

I've been all over, but
    will limit my map to where I've RV'd

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seasonal RV Parks? Normal part of all RV places?

It is the norm unfortunately
    Why we stay at national parks. It isn’t allowed

Most places we have stayed at with seasonals they are rude and do make people feel like you are invading their space plus they generally congregate into large loud groups at night

I remember these places and never return

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First - welcome to the forum AND for being a supporting member.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss a campground just because there are permanent residents there living in the RVs full time. Our experience is that most of the time they keep to themselves. As we walk around we greet them and they greet us back. And they are a wealth of information on the local area - a good resource. However, we have been to a few places like we did feel like we interrupting, and that had a few too many run-down, dumpy looking sites; but we don't stay long so we deal with it and, after a few days, move on.

You impression of so called 'full timers' living in one place all the time is accurate. There are a LOT of those folks. Heck, I live in a 10/10/10 gated RV/Golf resort and we have a lot of those folks. It's what they choose to do, can afford, like, etc. - pick a reason.

I'd say that while it IS a regular thing, you will find many campgrounds where these folks don't exist (or maybe aren't allowed). Lots of times 'permanent' folks are in a separate area from the day-to-day folks. And lots of time these folks may just be using their RV as a second home or vacation 'cottage' and return year after year.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the ones that I have interacted with, are friendly. Some are not, and I just move on from them. Most parks try and separate them as best they can.

One thing, a number of them are transient workers. They are there for a construction (or any) project in the area, and when that is done, they move on to the next one somewhere else in the country. A lot of times you will not see them on the weekends as they will drive home, and come back Sunday night.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most campgrounds that we've been to had a mix of travelers and permanent setups.
    I agree with what has been said so far, most are friendly people. You can encounter rude and inconsiderate travelers also. Even in parks as we encountered 2 weeks ago in Rondeau Provincial Park. Blasting music, barking unattended dog. Even after warnings from park officials. Even traveling RVers seem to be more retreated since Covid.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE