Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thomas Paine recliner broken cable.

As I search the threads for info on removing the sofa to access and replace the release cable I see that others have their sofas screwed to the floor. Mine appears to have bolts coming up through the floor and nuts that could be easily removed. The problem is that when I remove the nuts the bolts will then fall somewhere in to the underbelly. Then I’ll have a much bigger project dropping the underbelly to reinstall the bolts. Has anyone had this issue and come up with a work around?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, but if I have that issue with mine I’ll use lag screws inserted from the top into the same holes or if necessary, drill new ones. Taking care to use short lags so as not to damage anything running beneath the floor, and also not drill all the way through the floor.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would expect the have a captive washer on the bolt to keep it from falling. Can you get in there with a flashlight? Also snapping pics and blowing them up on your screen may show something to hold the bolt. Phone cameras can get pretty good angles for stuff like this.

Good luck
    Randy and Kris