User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 Imagine Solar Prep and Tire Linc

Just wanted to post this heads up...

The Tire Linc dock on my 2021 Imagine was powered by tapping into the solar prep (behind front wall of pass thru...see picture for how I found mine). This is not a big deal if you don't have solar hooked up because those wires just connect to the battery.

However, if you install solar panels and use the prep wires to feed a charge controller, it's probable that the Tire Linc dock will be tapped into the solar panels and NOT the battery, and you could feed over voltage into the dock.

No idea why GD would wire this way as it's completely nonsensical - especially since there are 12V wires behind that panel that can easily be used (which is how I fixed the issue).

Have not seen this posted anywhere and not sure if this will apply to other models...so posting here.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220626_230803351.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	41488

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting and a good fix. I have solar prep but the wires just go near the batter but are not connected to anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax