User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    ... and kids are a lot harder choice to change after the fact than cookies. (I also have a kids story - but it is much more complicated and goes much deeper than would be appropriate here.)

Rob
    Maybe someday we'll hear about it in the right place right time. Funny how we all have our stories, whether complicated, deep, or just funny. Guess we've all dealt with topics of Oreos and kids throughout our lives.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    We used to caravan with 2 or 3 other couples each in motorhomes at the time. We liked to have a "chili feed" one night where each group made a small pot of their own chili and then it was all dumped into one big pot to cook over the fire. Then we had toppings like Fritos, chopped onions, sour cream, habanero sauce, etc., and everyone dished theirs up the way they liked it. Those were fun times, almost forgot about that!
    Being from Texas you can't imagine how sacrilegious it sounds putting all that stuff on a perfectly good bowl of chili.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Being from Texas you can't imagine how sacrilegious it sounds putting all that stuff on a perfectly good bowl of chili.
    You just haven't lived...!
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    You just haven't lived...!
    Just kidding. I bet it does make for a tasty dish. But hey, in Texas there have been fist fights over whether or not beans can legitimately be added to chili, so you can see where I'm coming from.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Just kidding. I bet it does make for a tasty dish. But hey, in Texas there have been fist fights over whether or not beans can legitimately be added to chili, so you can see where I'm coming from.
    I hear you on that. I smoke meat [emoji3052], and there are definitely regional ways of this and Chili certainly falls into that category.

Texas Brisket is Salt & Pepper only and a paper wrap and all about the crust, where Kansas BBQ is way different using injections and other flavor elements which is different from Memphis BBQ which uses vinegar based sauces with sweet heat. It’s all good though! I love it all!

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    I hear you on that. I smoke meat [emoji3052], and there are definitely regional ways of this and Chili certainly falls into that category.

Texas Brisket is Salt & Pepper only and a paper wrap and all about the crust, where Kansas BBQ is way different using injections and other flavor elements which is different from Memphis BBQ which uses vinegar based sauces with sweet heat. It’s all good though! I love it all!

Bill
    Well, there is a lot of great Texas BBQ and some that's not fit for feeding to the hogs. I've tried the vinegar based and it tasted pretty good. Different, but good. I don't think I've tasted Kansas BBQ. You are exactly right about the regional ways different foods are fixed.

Jerry
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hobo pockets,

Ground beef, seasoning, carrots, onions potatoes in a foil packets on the coals. Each persons gets to make their own and season to taste. It has lasted three generations of cub scouts, Webelos and boy scouts.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not food related but definitely a tradition as our kid grew up. We did what was called a “treasure stick”. Our kid would find a random stick on the ground. We would peel off the bark and the “trail” left from bugs on the stick would be the map. Only an adult could read the clues. All the clues were in rhyme and would lead to something like a rock or tree etc. The kids would basically end up running around the entire camping
    area from point to point. At the final clue they would find some inexpensive dollar store toys that we would have secretly hid prior.
    Best part was one year our kid said he figured out how the stick worked. We were so bummed. Then he explained that obviously the park ranger hid the toys and planted the sticks with “maps” around the campground. Got a few more years out of it after that.
    As our friends have grandkids now we introduce them to the treasure stick much against the wishes of the grandparents that have to run all over the campground now.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been camping with friends at the same campground every Memorial Day weekend for more than 10 years, always in the same site. The same family group of 4 rvs has camped next to us the entire time. When one group is away the other group will rearrange and hide things. All in good fun! Then the last night we all get together for a huge pot luck meal.

Otherwise, we look for craft breweries in the area to check out. When the kids were young and camped with us it was s’mores. I really miss those days.

Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MN-Mark View Post
    We have been camping with friends at the same campground every Memorial Day weekend for more than 10 years, always in the same site. The same family group of 4 rvs has camped next to us the entire time. When one group is away the other group will rearrange and hide things. All in good fun! Then the last night we all get together for a huge pot luck meal.

Otherwise, we look for craft breweries in the area to check out. When the kids were young and camped with us it was s’mores. I really miss those days.

Mark
    So true. Sitting around the campfire while each kid found a stick to cook their hotdogs on was a great memory. Kids in their 40s and still talk about that. Now it is AC and cooking on our $400 grill.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast