Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC210 View Post
    Bill,
    Is that an external fuel tank kit? Do you hook it up directly to the genny fuel line to the carb?
    Thanks.
    john...
    It is an extended run 6 gallon external marine fuel tank. The hose I used is attached to the fuel tank fitting and the opposite end connects to a replacement gas cap via a quick connect fitting. I purchased the fuel line and fitting on eBay and the gas cap was given to me by the person that I bought my generator from. Nothing to do but remove the existing cap once I'm ready to hook up the external fuel tank and screw on the extended run fuel cap and then connect the fuel line to the cap via the quick connect fitting.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    When you get the 50A twist-loc cord cap and open it up it will have four terminals screws to connect the wires to. I don't recall exactly what letters were used for each terminal but you'll have a ground, a nuetral, and 2 hots. The cord you use will be a 3 wire #10awg rubber cord with a black, white, and a green. Green to ground, white to nuetral, and the black to one of the hots and then add a small jumper to the second hot. If you need I can pull mine apart and take a few pictures. On the opposite end of the cord you'll need to install a male cord cape to match the receptacle on your generator... mine was a standard 20A duplex receptacle so it was a standard 20A /120V male cord cap. If your generator has a twist-loc type receptacle you'll need to use a matching male twist-loc cord cap.
    Thanks, I appreciate the reply. My generator has two 120 v 15 A outlets so I was thinking of using a heavy-duty extension and cutting off the female end and replacing it with the 50A twist-lock cord cap. I realize that the cord would be 12 gauge but will only be carrying 15 Amps. Is the wiring the same as what you suggested above?
    Last edited by Soundsailor; 07-12-2022 at 07:07 AM.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate the reply. My generator has two 120 v 15 A outlets so I was thinking of using a heavy-duty extension and cutting off the female end and replacing it with the 50A twist-lock cord cap. I realize that the cord would be 12 gauge but will only be carrying 15 Amps. Is the wiring the same as what you suggested above?
    Yes it will be the same... Make sure the extension cord you use is #12 not #14awg
    and I would keep it short... 25' max. You don't want to be pulling max current through a small AWG cord for 50-100'
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've run 2 Honda 2000's hooked together for years. They run everything we need to run boondocking Including the single 13000 btu AC.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678