Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Relocating Tire Linc Docking Station

Last year when I purchased my Solitude I installed the repeater in the factory installed docking station. On a regular basis the system lost the signal from driver’s side rear axle. The mounting dock was mounted nearer to the passenger side of the bulkhead between front compartment & pass through compartment so I relocated it to center position. Readings on all 4 tires work most of the time but occasionally the system still loses drivers side rear axle reading.

I am going to move it back to the rear wall of the pass through compartment. Lippert’s directions say the mounting dock must be in a vertical position. Has anyone moved their dock & if so does it matter if the dock is facing to the rear of the trailer or front of trailer?
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know the current location does not help with communications to our cab when driving. Very weak signal strength. I would consider elevating it as well. My plan is to move it high into one of the closets inside the coach front wall.
    Randy and Kris

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I know the current location does not help with communications to our cab when driving. Very weak signal strength. I would consider elevating it as well. My plan is to move it high into one of the closets inside the coach front wall.
    I’ve found no issue with the transmission of the info from the docking station repeater. When I’m returning to the rv park my Linc gadget on the dash starts beeping a few hundred feet from the trailer. The issue is the signal from the tire on rear axle does not reach the repeater.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year