User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tire Linc can’t find sensors anymore

Hi folks,

I de-winterized my 2021 Solitude 2930 today. Everything went well except for some reason my Lippert Tire Linc has lost all 4 sensors and I can’t reconnect any of them. When I go through the sensor pairing procedure using the app on my iPhone it just can’t find any sensor. I thought perhaps the batteries had run down, so I replaced all 4 sensor batteries, but but no luck. I also did the reset procedure of holding down the pair button for over 10 seconds as the manual suggests, but nothing.

Has anyone seen this before?
    Jesse & Anita
    2021 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 long bed SRW, Duramax Diesel. B&W Companion hitch on B&W turnover goose ball

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem solved.

My tire Linc repeater had crashed for some reason when the trailer was in storage for the winter. When I reset it I accidentally connected the one control app to the wrong tire Linc. I had forgotten that you look for the tire Linc repeater with the smallest value. A simple mistake. It’s strange that Lippert doesn’t use an easier to understand value for signal strength.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally installed tire linc and sensors. Must have restarted the sensor pairing about 10 times. By the time I screwed and unscrewed the sensors, must have lost 2-3 psi per tire. Continually could not find one sensor or another.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tire Linc sensor pairing - success

Thought I'd pass this on. After I recovered my brain and determined I had left and right side confused, I reset the Tire Linc system and started the process on the real LEFT side

Still had the same issue - would get first one paired (maybe) and next would fail. In the end, I discovered I was turning the sensor as fast as I could to minimize loss of pressure. That didn't work. When I turned the sensors slowly, they all paired nicely. Lost a little more air but hey all paired!
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenerus View Post
    Problem solved.

My tire Linc repeater had crashed for some reason when the trailer was in storage for the winter. When I reset it I accidentally connected the one control app to the wrong tire Linc. I had forgotten that you look for the tire Linc repeater with the smallest value. A simple mistake. It’s strange that Lippert doesn’t use an easier to understand value for signal strength.
    Lippert told me that several Tire Linc repeaters failed this year do to extreme cold this winter. Suggested that I remove it when I winterize and store it in the box, in the house. Batteries should be replaced each year (CR 1632). You can mark each sensor with a sharpie and remove them when in storage. They will go to sleep after 5 minutes. I did so and just replaced the batteries. Did not need to re sync them as they went back on the same wheel.
    Dutch & Marlene
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali 6.0L gasser
    2022 Reflection 280RS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KDutchover View Post
    Lippert told me that several Tire Linc repeaters failed this year do to extreme cold this winter. Suggested that I remove it when I winterize and store it in the box, in the house. Batteries should be replaced each year (CR 1632). You can mark each sensor with a sharpie and remove them when in storage. They will go to sleep after 5 minutes. I did so and just replaced the batteries. Did not need to re sync them as they went back on the same wheel.
    I have snack size ziplock bags & mark each one LF, LR, etc so that when I remove the sensors I place each one in the appropriate bag. When sensors are in use I put all the valve stem caps in one of the bags.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year