Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can you relocate auto-level jacks?

The rear jacks on the 320G are pretty far forward. They are electric, so no hydro lines to relocate. Just looks like a bracket that is welded to the frame. When the deck is down, it really rocks the camper when people are walking back there. I did pick up some long jacks that I am going to put at that rear of the camper to see how that does. I would think the rear jacks should be towards the middle of the garage. The middle jacks are right in front of the wheels. Might be more work than it's worth for minimal gains, but beats dragging out 2 jacks and placing them in the rear...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220619_121445.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	41770
    Last edited by RoyBell; 07-12-2022 at 07:51 AM.
    2020 GD 320G
    2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are positioned where they are so they don't drag on the ground when the unit is at an angle, such as culverts, curbs, etc.

You can move them anywhere you want, but when you drag them off or damage them, it is on you.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have kind of the same issue, we really notice the movement when we, or someone else, is on the deck/rampdoor. We got the https://www.valterra.com/product/rv-...iversal-boxed/. While I'll admit it looks chintzy, it works amazingly well, easier, and cheaper, than moving the levelers.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBell View Post
    The rear jacks on the 320G are pretty far forward. They are electric, so no hydro lines to relocate. Just looks like a bracket that is welded to the frame. When the deck is down, it really rocks the camper when people are walking back there. I did pick up some long jacks that I am going to put at that rear of the camper to see how that does. I would think the rear jacks should be towards the middle of the garage. The middle jacks are right in front of the wheels. Might be more work than it's worth for minimal gains, but beats dragging out 2 jacks and placing them in the rear...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220619_121445.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	41770
    Could place some sissor jacks back by the rear on each side. Ours came with them, and we added JT Stabilizer Arms to them. Made our rig pretty stable.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I put some stabilizer jacks at the rear. Wow, what a difference. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

I had 3 people in the back bunk and never felt the camper bounce around.
    2020 GD 320G
    2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.