Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Truck

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Truck

Well I got my 2022 Solitude 380 FL in February & finally got my new truck this past weekend👍 I got a 2022 Ram 3500 Limited Dually!! It has the new Turbo Diesel HO with 4.10 rear end & 8 ft bed. The max payload is 4993 lbs & max towing capacity of 33993 lbs!! It rides fantastic and now I have to get my B&W hitch installed and we will be ready to go👍👍 will pst pics when I figure out how to😂

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karfre View Post
    Well I got my 2022 Solitude 380 FL in February & finally got my new truck this past weekend�� I got a 2022 Ram 3500 Limited Dually!! It has the new Turbo Diesel HO with 4.10 rear end & 8 ft bed. The max payload is 4993 lbs & max towing capacity of 33993 lbs!! It rides fantastic and now I have to get my B&W hitch installed and we will be ready to go���� will pst pics when I figure out how to��
    Enjoy your travels, glad all is well.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I got my 2022 Solitude 380 FL in February & finally got my new truck this past weekend👍 I got a 2022 Ram 3500 Limited Dually!! It has the new Turbo Diesel HO with 4.10 rear end & 8 ft bed. The max payload is 4993 lbs & max towing capacity of 33993 lbs!! It rides fantastic and now I have to get my B&W hitch installed and we will be ready to go👍👍 will pst pics when I figure out how to😂
    Exciting! We picked up our 380FL in December and got our 2022 Ram 3500 Limited Dually with the Turbo Diesel HO with 4.10 rear end in mid-April. We went with the MegaCab 6' 4" bed so we put a Pullrite Slider into the OEM hitch pucks. The truck pulls the RV like a dream. It will accelerate going uphill in 5th gear.

If you've pulled a long RV before, you already know. If you haven't, my one caution is "Look out for trees!" Many RV Parks seem to put one on all the corners and, Surprise!, they keep getting bigger. I've learned that you have to account for the branches up to 14 ft. high when deciding how far to swing out. Luckily no damage, just cleaning tree parts and debris off of the roof.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Traveler View Post
    If you've pulled a long RV before, you already know. If you haven't, my one caution is "Look out for trees!" Many RV Parks seem to put one on all the corners and, Surprise!, they keep getting bigger. I've learned that you have to account for the branches up to 14 ft. high when deciding how far to swing out. Luckily no damage, just cleaning tree parts and debris off of the roof.
    Isn't that the truth - I don't know what some of the parks were thinking when they planted the trees at the ends of the sites where you likely have a tight turn anyway. The only way we were able to get out of our site in PA was the Solitude in front of us across the road left first and didn't have any trees to contend with.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply & warning�� We had a 42’ Class A for 10 years and yes we learned about tree (leaning ones with low limbs) on our first trip. From then on our first request or statement to a potential FV Park is “are you big rig friendly” & do you have a lot of trees�� Their response is what depends on us going there or moving on!! This is our first 5 th wheel so I am sure we will have new things to learn, but at least we know that we will have to that��

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I got my 2022 Solitude 380 FL in February & finally got my new truck this past weekend�� I got a 2022 Ram 3500 Limited Dually!! It has the new Turbo Diesel HO with 4.10 rear end & 8 ft bed. The max payload is 4993 lbs & max towing capacity of 33993 lbs!! It rides fantastic and now I have to get my B&W hitch installed and we will be ready to go���� will pst pics when I figure out how to��
    I am sure you are excited with the new Solitude and a truck to go with it.

Can I ask how long you waited for the truck? Assuming you ordered it. Thanks.

Safe travels.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are loving our 2500 Laramie. Almost broken in and I am getting the gas pedal for best economy. About 12-13 mpg if I am gentle.

Enjoy.
    Randy and Kris

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I ordered it and it took exactly 6 months to be delivered from the date of order!!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I ordered it and it took exactly 6 months to be delivered from the date of order!!
    Your lucky. The dealer just confirmed our new Ram 3500 just shipped a little over 6 months from order. Should have it around 8 months from order is what I am told.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're both lucky...I ordered a 3500 Jan 26th,so 5 mths plus now, and it still has not been scheduled for build and no VIN issued as of yet. Dealer tells me the hold up is the factory puck system. Yet the dealer ordered a 2500 Limited with the factory puck system after mine was ordered and it is now in transit to them. So it appears, they do have some supply of the puck system but they are cherry picking which trucks they are willing to build and put them into.
    Perhaps like Calbar, I will hear in about a month or so that it has been built and shipped.
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast