Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insignia Range - 3 burners will no longer light

Perplexing issue popped up while we were camping over the last week. Had used the range and the stove top burners for a couple of days and all burners worked properly and lit within a second of turning the control knob. The next day, we could not get 3 of the burners to light except with a match. There is good gas flow. The one working burner lights in < 1 second. Can hear the igniters clicking, but no flame on the others. Put a lighter to any of the three burners, and they light immediately with proper blue flame. Turn them off after a minute or two and cannot relight without a match/lighter. Never tried the oven.

Just got back home and haven't investigated further - thought about removing the burner tops to see if there is a spark. Just seems odd 3 burners all quit working at the same time when we hadn't moved and there were no spills or other issues. It was about 120% humidity, though. Maybe 150%. Worked one day, but not the next. The one burner that is working is the large right front. Perhaps there is a loose connection/wire from that burner that feeds the other 3? Any other ideas? Contact Best Buy or GD or both? Have a service appt with dealer Jul 19 for a dozen or so other items including upper deck flexion issue I posted about in another thread.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would contact both GD and BB. You're ahead of the game by already having an appt with the dealer. Is it possible moisture may be involved, was the top cleaned b4 this happened?
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I would contact both GD and BB. You're ahead of the game by already having an appt with the dealer. Is it possible moisture may be involved, was the top cleaned b4 this happened?
    We did a normal wipe down with a barely damp cloth the night before but didn't wipe the burners directly - they were clean. The igniters appear to be just within the burner base and are not exposed. Humidity was extremely high - literally 100% a couple of evenings and one morning of our stay, but we were running at least one AC (on 30A service) to reduce inside humidity. If it were moisture, I assumed lighting the burners manually and keeping on for a few mins would have rectified the problem. But, still couldn't get the burners to relight with the igniters. It's just weird.

I did email GD and asked the CSM I have been in contact with to add it to the ever growing list of warranty items and to please advise. During the interim and since I'm impatient, I think I'm going to remove the burner caps to see if I can diagnose the problem. Didn't use the oven at all this trip, but can't rule out that previous use may have damaged wires or ignitor module (if Insignia has such a thing). Just curious if anyone else has had this issue.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: Diagnosed as bad igniter control module. Tried a new module as per this thread https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...136#post373136 but it did not correct the problem. GD denied warranty claim twice although they did cover the cost of diagnostics at the dealership. With the new igniter module in place, none of the igniters (including oven) worked. Put the old module back on and still no igniters worked. I contacted GD by email with the case number assigned back in June. No response.

Although GD told me NOT to contact Best Buy directly, I did. After multiple calls and finding the correct online warranty claim form, I finally reached the right person at Best Buy. Very helpful and went out of their way to get this issue resolved. Best Buy is sending an entirely new range directly to the dealership. Our dealer's warranty service manager went to bat for us with GD and finally convinced them to cover the cost of labor. I would have installed it myself, but with so many upcoming commitments, I decided it was worth traveling the hour to the dealer and have them do it while I wait. No mobile techs in our area.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for updating us on the outcome. This may help someone in the future. Your persistence and patience are commendable.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S