User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as keep is simple, I have the hotspot on my phone that I turn on. I have a WIFI Ranger router that then picks up the hotspot and provides wifi and internet to the camper. So in my case the phone is the modem and connects wirelessly with the router that stays in the camper. Works nice when I get home also because then it connects to my home wifi.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Converge_Poplar_Side-1-300x300.jpg  

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FearKnot View Post
    As far as keep is simple, I have the hotspot on my phone that I turn on. I have a WIFI Ranger router that then picks up the hotspot and provides wifi and internet to the camper. So in my case the phone is the modem and connects wirelessly with the router that stays in the camper. Works nice when I get home also because then it connects to my home wifi.
    Wish I could do that but hotspots will not work. So I need to go the more expensive routes. I think what I need to do is get a plan, see if it works and send it back if it doesn't.

FYI, I have tried hotspots from three different cellular companies and sent them all back.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Winegard 360+ and the modem that you buy separately. It will connect to campground Wi-Fi if it is strong enough. Haven't found one yet, but hoping someday! It also has the option of installing a SIM card to connect via a cellular signal. I have AT&T and already had a fourth line that was free in the plan, so got a SIM card for that extra line and installed it into the Winegard modem. Works great. Unlimited data and for me no extra cost. You could see how much an extra line would cost on your T-mobile plan to avoid removing the SIM card from your phone. Drove home from Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago and the daughter and grandkids watched movies all the way on her device connected to the Winegard. It is 12V so left it on to see how it would work.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    I have the Winegard 360+ and the modem that you buy separately. It will connect to campground Wi-Fi if it is strong enough. Haven't found one yet, but hoping someday! It also has the option of installing a SIM card to connect via a cellular signal. I have AT&T and already had a fourth line that was free in the plan, so got a SIM card for that extra line and installed it into the Winegard modem. Works great. Unlimited data and for me no extra cost. You could see how much an extra line would cost on your T-mobile plan to avoid removing the SIM card from your phone. Drove home from Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago and the daughter and grandkids watched movies all the way on her device connected to the Winegard. It is 12V so left it on to see how it would work.
    There we go. That was the answer I was looking for. The one Website is a bit overwhelming for me and it has hours and hours of videos. I mean, "This is our best seller" or "This is our most popular package" does not tell me crap about what it does. You have to go to the site knowing exactly what things do in order to understand what you are buying.

The Nomad Tech was nice because he explained what they had and how it worked. He explained it a bit too well because I walked away knowing I didn't want that.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12