User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Anyone installed brush door sweeps on sliding doors? (Or other "draft guards")

I am prepping plans for my upcoming acquisition of a 2150rb. I got to tour a few weeks ago but won't be picking it up for a couple of months.

I was wondering if anybody had considered putting in 360° door sweeps or other kind of draft guard around the hanging sliding doors in the RV?

I was thinking this might have a number of benefits:
    1. Help prevent moisture from the bathroom from creeping into the main cabin space.
    2. Help prevent odors from the bathroom from getting into the main cabin space.
    3. Provide some reduction of quote bathroom noises being transmitted into the main cabin.
    4. Improving venting of moisture and or odors out of the bathroom through roof vent.

Any thoughts?
    2018 2150RB/2022 F150 Powerboost

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't done it or considered it. There needs to be airflow from under the bathroom door to let the vent fan pull air from the bathroom outward. Unless you open the bathroom window, if there is one, while using the vent fan it may be difficult for proper airflow to come from the bottom of the door if it is blocked.

2018 Grand Design Imagine 2250RK
    2018 Imagine 2250RK: Floorplan Pic
    Theater dinette instead of standard dinette.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes and no, well at least based on my limited infection control knowledge and HVAC knowledge. The things I was mentioning about having sweeps improve would happen via passive ... diffusion? Whereas running a vent fan to pull out moisture and odor is going to actively occur as the fan puts the bathroom into relative negative pressure to the rest of the living space. The seal isn't going to be perfect otherwise you'd suffocate in the bathroom. Having an active source of air draw will pull fresh air from the main living space in an active manner vs moisture or odor going out into the living space in a passive way. Not sure if any of that makes sense in the way I've written it.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then you should try it and let us know how you feel it works for your RV.

2018 Grand Design Imagine 2250RK
    2018 Imagine 2250RK: Floorplan Pic
    Theater dinette instead of standard dinette.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a general comment about door gaps in RVs. They are often there to allow return air circulation for the furnace, and perhaps the AC.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaostactics View Post
    Yes and no, well at least based on my limited infection control knowledge and HVAC knowledge. The things I was mentioning about having sweeps improve would happen via passive ... diffusion? Whereas running a vent fan to pull out moisture and odor is going to actively occur as the fan puts the bathroom into relative negative pressure to the rest of the living space. The seal isn't going to be perfect otherwise you'd suffocate in the bathroom. Having an active source of air draw will pull fresh air from the main living space in an active manner vs moisture or odor going out into the living space in a passive way. Not sure if any of that makes sense in the way I've written it.
    Restricting flow into the bathroom under the door will cause the fan to draw more air from the other air source. When you flush, air will be drawn through the black tank into the bathroom. Be sure to turn the fan off.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    Restricting flow into the bathroom under the door will cause the fan to draw more air from the other air source. When you flush, air will be drawn through the black tank into the bathroom. Be sure to turn the fan off.
    Yes that one I've heard. It's too bad there isn't a delay fan option like there are on BnM homes.