User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there waterlines under the shower Grand Design Imagine

I'm prepping out ideas for when I pick up my 2150 RB. I am going to have about 2 weeks to make all the modifications and preparation before hitting the road so I'm trying to do all my planning now.

When I toured the trailer I'm picking up a couple weeks ago I noticed that there was a panel underneath the shower but I didn't have time to pop it off. I was curious what was behind that panel.

I am looking into installing a non-electric but hot water supplied bidet. I was hoping that I could run the hot water line through the shower pan and pick up hot water underneath the shower if there are in fact hot water lines under there.
    2018 2150RB/2022 F150 Powerboost

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I don't have your trailer, I can't comment directly. But from looking at your floorplan, it seems likely your hot water heater is on the other side of the trailer from the shower. So yes, there must be a hot water line to the shower (and to the sink in the bathroom). So there are a few choices for where you might be able to make your connection.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Since I don't have your trailer, I can't comment directly. But from looking at your floorplan, it seems likely your hot water heater is on the other side of the trailer from the shower. So yes, there must be a hot water line to the shower (and to the sink in the bathroom). So there are a few choices for where you might be able to make your connection.
    Makes sense. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be aware, (or you will become aware!) that the tank water heaters in RVs have a non-adjustable thermostat that is set hotter than most home water heaters. You’ll likely have a surge of cold water followed by very hot water unless you have an elaborate setup to mix water and control the temperature.
    Last edited by jkwilson; 06-30-2022 at 02:40 PM.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the bidet it's self can regulate temp. But I will definitely look into that further.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you looking to install a Bidet seat or a separate Bidet?

I haven’t found a round bidet seat that would mount on my round Reflection toilet. I considered replacing the toilet with a 320 elongated toilet but the 320 requires 11” min rough in and the flange is 10.5” from the wall so I gave up.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seat mounted. I was looking at the 320 as well. I was seeing one of the most frequent issues was the vacuum breaker or position on bowl. 1. Solved with notching out the back to fit the vacuum breaker or bumping the vacuum breaker a bit further back with extension tubing. 2. Re the front to back fit there was success with adding toilet seat spacers and using a specific bracket to change the location of the mounting bolts a bit.

But I hadn't considered the rough in space... I haven't picked up the trailer just had a few hours to look at it and admittedly I didn't even think about a bidet at the time much less measuring for one.

There are enough other non electric bidets out there. Ones gotta fit right? Hopefully *fingers crossed*