User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roegs01 View Post
    It sounds like you have TapaTalk installed on your phone...is that correct?
    yes. iphone 13pro, IOS v15.5
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the admins and moderators, here’s what people are seeing. It’s literally impossible to use the site with the combination of ads and Tapatalk prompt.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	78F2C4FF-C2B7-4921-A78C-A698598D55EF.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	786.8 KB 
ID:	41559

You can see the bottom of the screen where it wants you to choose between using Safari and Tapatalk. To do that, it grays out the whole page until you choose one or the other. I’ve seen this on plenty of forums, and it’s mildly annoying but not terrible. What’s terrible is that an ad is appearing over the Safari option so you can’t select it.

To see this for yourself on an iPhone:
    1. Open Safari and switch to Private tabs (here are instructions https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203036). If you’re member of the site, you need to do this so that the website doesn’t “know” it’s you and you’ll see what other people see.
    2. Go to www.mygrandrv.com and pick a discussion, and you should see the problem above.

On an Android phone, I suspect it’s the same behavior but it’s called an Incognito tab.

This isn’t happening to people who paid to become members (which I’m guessing includes all the admins and moderators), which is why you need to use Private/Incognito browsing to see it if you’re a member. Rest assured, everyone else is seeing it in the normal browser. I paid to join the site, but I saw it because I sent a link to my wife who couldn’t access the page because of the above problem. That’s when I tried a Private tab on my phone and saw the same thing. Before anyone asks: neither me nor my wife have the Tapatalk app installed on my phone. Trust me, this isn’t something on people’s phones, this is some configuration on this forum.

To reiterate: the site is essentially unusable right now for non-members using a phone.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the same prompt, minus the ad being a sponsor and moderator and also find it annoying. One of the moderators put a notice to the admin so we'll see what comes of it
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
    We've had a lot of reports of issues with Tapatalk recently and have little ability to manage their app... that said, You might try uninstalling tapatalk and reloading it - it has resolved issues for many.
    I have never had tapatalk on my android phone or tablet and get those prompts quite often...without ads geting in the way..
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I log in to the web portal from Safari on my IPhone, no prompts, when go to a link from within a thread, I get the prompts, and when I go in from the newsletter I also get the prompts. I will agree this is some type of configuration because it does acts differently depending on the launch point. I am willing to bet it is how the launch point is configured in each of those.

Get zero prompts on my laptop.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPanning View Post
    For the admins and moderators, here’s what people are seeing. It’s literally impossible to use the site with the combination of ads and Tapatalk prompt.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	78F2C4FF-C2B7-4921-A78C-A698598D55EF.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	786.8 KB 
ID:	41559

You can see the bottom of the screen where it wants you to choose between using Safari and Tapatalk. To do that, it grays out the whole page until you choose one or the other. I’ve seen this on plenty of forums, and it’s mildly annoying but not terrible. What’s terrible is that an ad is appearing over the Safari option so you can’t select it.

To see this for yourself on an iPhone:
    1. Open Safari and switch to Private tabs (here are instructions https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203036). If you’re member of the site, you need to do this so that the website doesn’t “know” it’s you and you’ll see what other people see.
    2. Go to www.mygrandrv.com and pick a discussion, and you should see the problem above.

On an Android phone, I suspect it’s the same behavior but it’s called an Incognito tab.

This isn’t happening to people who paid to become members (which I’m guessing includes all the admins and moderators), which is why you need to use Private/Incognito browsing to see it if you’re a member. Rest assured, everyone else is seeing it in the normal browser. I paid to join the site, but I saw it because I sent a link to my wife who couldn’t access the page because of the above problem. That’s when I tried a Private tab on my phone and saw the same thing. Before anyone asks: neither me nor my wife have the Tapatalk app installed on my phone. Trust me, this isn’t something on people’s phones, this is some configuration on this forum.

To reiterate: the site is essentially unusable right now for non-members using a phone.
    Thank you Tom! Excellent description and exactly what what I was hoping to communicate.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gosh - no matter what I try I can't duplicate what @TomPanning showed. And I DO have Taptalk on my phone.

I have a separate forum sign in which I use for testing which is not paid for and is not a moderator privileged account. I can't get it to happen there, I can't get it to happen in Privacy mode.

How about someone with the problem checking the Notifications setting for Taptalk. Is it OFF so notifications are not allowed?

And how about checking settings for the Taptalk app it self (through the iPhone setting). Is Location off as well as Notifications?

How about the setting you get through Taptalk app.... are Subscriptions and Notifications off (all of them)? And what about "Mobile Compatible" - is it set to Most Compatible?

And finally - how about Personalized Ads.... I have mine set to "Accept" but then I deselect every category.
    Larry KE4DMG

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Gosh - no matter what I try I can't duplicate what @TomPanning showed. And I DO have Taptalk on my phone.

I have a separate forum sign in which I use for testing which is not paid for and is not a moderator privileged account. I can't get it to happen there, I can't get it to happen in Privacy mode.

How about someone with the problem checking the Notifications setting for Taptalk. Is it OFF so notifications are not allowed?

And how about checking settings for the Taptalk app it self (through the iPhone setting). Is Location off as well as Notifications?

How about the setting you get through Taptalk app.... are Subscriptions and Notifications off (all of them)? And what about "Mobile Compatible" - is it set to Most Compatible?

And finally - how about Personalized Ads.... I have mine set to "Accept" but then I deselect every category.
    Hi Larry,

I tried what you said and it eliminates the ads at the bottom of the screen from an email link but it disables the continue button that allows to continue in the browser.

Another use case with those settings I hit cancel from the open, then continue in browser from the full screen note and I got a 404 not found.

Tapatalk is not playing nice in the sandbox. Six app changes in the past month which is just about when these problems started happening.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Thats the issue...you have Tapatalk on your phone. I don't and believe that others with this problem also do not have it installed.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roegs01 View Post
    Thats the issue...you have Tapatalk on your phone. I don't and believe that others with this problem also do not have it installed.
    Short version....
    I went ahead and deleted the Taptalk ad on my phone. The next time I select this site from my bookmarks the Taptalk banner showed up still at the top of the screen. There was a tiny "X" on the left side in the Taptalk banner. I clicked it, the banner disappeared and, so far, has not come back.

Long story......
    It was kind of strange: I had to delete Taptalk twice. I'm not sure why, but after removing it the first time I reset memory and cleared all apps that were running and when I swiped half way down and searched for Taptalk it showed it was still installed. After the second time I deleted it I couldn't find it anywhere on my phone.

I went to my bookmarks and select this site I got that danged Taptalk banner again. And I hadn't even signed in yet! But this time instead of offering to open the site it asked if I wanted to install Taptalk to look at the this site. I never selected anything and kept clearing the tabs reloading this site. Every time the banner showed up. I did this a few times before I realized there was a tiny "X" on the left hand side of the banner. I clicked that "X", the banner went away and hasn't been back (yet?).

I checked a bunch of other RV Life forums and none gave me that Taptalk banner. But this forum is the only one I ever tried with Taptalk.

So between what I have experienced and what Janet H has said about this forum not injecting Taptalk I am convinced it is an iPhone/Taptalk behavior causing issues. And since I deleted Taptalk and have no more interference from it I AM NOT going to reload it.
    Larry KE4DMG

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast