User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    argh!!!!!!

I just opened my email on my phone and got the weekly "Living The Grand Life" newsletter. So I opened the Honda link. Guess what? YUP - got an offer at the bottom of the screen to "Open this topic on...". What?? note: I don't normally open the links (or much of anything else and normally do it on my laptop (Safari).

So I pressed "OPEN" the Taptalk app button. Then I got some message about Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid.

And, like everyone else, I could not get any link to this site to open, not even by selecting the view this email as a web page link - same stupid issue with the Taptalk blurb.

@Janet H
    I think this forum is OK. But that RV Life newsletter should be inspected. Thanks.

How frustrating.........
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Traveldawg....frustrating for sure. Thanks for all the time you put into this!
    Last edited by roegs01; 07-03-2022 at 08:16 AM.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a mess!!!!

This morning I went to the site on my iPhone and the site opened in the “mobile version”. Normally it would go straight to the full site.

I got this….
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F4CF5C84-3770-4E45-BB59-AC99D034B18E.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	947.5 KB 
ID:	41577

So I finally experienced what others have been experiencing.

At least I could select Safari & no ad covered it. I selected Taptalk and got the message about Safari can’t open the page, cancelled that and got to the thread I selected. Went to reply to the thread and went right back to prompt to open in Taptalk or Safari; chose Safari and went to full site (where I am now).

Really frustrating!!

Mostly I documenting this so Janet can see it and pass it by the techies in hopes of fixing. Odd that no other RV Life forum seems to do this.
    Larry KE4DMG

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is there a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    What a mess!!!!

This morning I went to the site on my iPhone and the site opened in the “mobile version”. Normally it would go straight to the full site.

I got this….

Name:	F4CF5C84-3770-4E45-BB59-AC99D034B18E.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	947.5 KB 
ID:	41577

So I finally experienced what others have been experiencing.

At least I could select Safari & no ad covered it. I selected Taptalk and got the message about Safari can’t open the page, cancelled that and got to the thread I selected. Went to reply to the thread and went right back to prompt to open in Taptalk or Safari; chose Safari and went to full site (where I am now).

Really frustrating!!

Mostly I documenting this so Janet can see it and pass it by the techies in hopes of fixing. Odd that no other RV Life forum seems to do this.
    Can anyone address this? I know our advertisers support this forum but each of us paid to be sponsors.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    Can anyone address this? I know our advertisers support this forum but each of us paid to be sponsors.
    I alerted the admin and expect when the holiday is over she will check things out.

I think I've fixed my issue... I clicked on the tiny X on the left side of the Taptalk banner and it seems I don't get prompts anymore. Time will tell.
    Larry KE4DMG

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I alerted the admin and expect when the holiday is over she will check things out.

I think I've fixed my issue... I clicked on the tiny X on the left side of the Taptalk banner and it seems I don't get prompts anymore. Time will tell.
    Zero issues using Duck Duck Go. That eliminated all problems with Tapatalk. Problems still persist on Safari even after Tapatalk removal.

Bill

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Android using Chrome. Never had Tapatalk installed and can't find that app if it was. Doesn't matter if I get to mygrandrv.com from "Living the Grand Life" emails or going directly to website from address bar. The site is completely useless and unnavigable because of the "Open this topic on..." bottom of screen with an ever-present advertisement blocking lower half to choose Chrome. No little X to close it. Closed many ads here and chose reason as "Ad covered screen", but nothing ever changes.
    One solution is to make this "extension(?)" be on top of advertising at the highest priority, allowing us to complete the choice before ad appears.
    Whatever this "Open this topic" is, tell your advertisers that every ad I see here, I will boycott and spread the word. This is insane.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man this sounds fun. I hope it doesn't spread! So far I haven't had this issue. I use the full site and about once a week or so I'll get the "open in tap..... or safari" but its not been an issue to click safari and continue on.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Zero issues using Duck Duck Go. That eliminated all problems with Tapatalk. Problems still persist on Safari even after Tapatalk removal.

Bill
    Bill,
    This is interesting.....

This is the email I got from the forum when you quoted me...

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 6.56.19 PM.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	41631

When I select the first link ("...you can view the full post here...). This is what I get....

Name:	2Tapatalk prompt on my iPhone....How to get rid of it - Page 3.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	41632

And if I select the "Forward" ICON (the box with the up arrow in it at the bottom of the screen, I get this....

Name:	1Tapatalk prompt on my iPhone....How to get rid of it - Page 3.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	41633

Interestingly, I can't do a thing with that first link. No wonder members are going nuts! I am too.

But when I select the second link (the one that offers seeing the list of full quotes I get sent to the full version of the website. Specifically I get the log in screen.

@Janet H
    another alert to Janet and I'll report this thread too in hope of brining it to the admin's attention.

oh - I pulled out an old iPhone 8, completely reset it and loaded IOS again. I didn't load any apps so only native Apple apps. I got the exact same results as explained above. So I doubt it is an iPhone or Safari issue and thing RV Life has a bit of work to do on this website.

double oh - I loaded Duck-Duck-Go on my phone. Same result. Same blasted Taptalk prompt.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 07-05-2022 at 05:13 PM.
    Larry KE4DMG

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're looking at this issue - thanks for your patience.
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast