Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where to mount a second spare tire on an Imagine 2600RB

On a recent trip, we had two flats on the same side ... and only one spare. It was a rather frustrating evening that I'd rather not repeat, waiting hours by the side of I75, waiting for roadside service to bring that second spare tire.

I now have 2 spare tires and wheels, but only see obvious room to mount one of them on the back of the trailer. The electrical service infringes on mounting space to the left, and the water heater outlet is to the right. Any great solutions?

Thanks,
    Eric
    Eric
    2020 Ram 1500, quad cab, Hemi, 4x4, payload 1860.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of the Imagines come with (or at least used to) a spare on the underside of the trailer. It would be a pain to add now, but it works just like the spare on a pickup truck. The parts are out there and it definitely is an option - just have to pick a spot where there isn’t a tank.

We have the spare there on ours, but it came like that due to water heater / heater / ladder on the back.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a generator mount on the rear bumper on our Imagine. To get more room and save weight I put the spare under the frame and behind the rear axle using a BAL Hide a Spare.

Technically I used the "wrong" Hide a Spare model but that was by design. But it's a long story.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will second the BAL Hide A Spare it works flawlessly! I too have generators on the rear so I needed a solution. Since I was under there I added a 6 Inch conduit carrier for the stinky slinky.
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just toss both of them in the bed of the truck. I took the bumper mounted spare off, so I could mount the bike rack.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen some mounted on the underside of the tongue a-frame too. Before we head to AK I'm thinking about doing that to add a second spare as it would also provide a bit more hitch weight given our rear kitchen and bath.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another option is the Stromberg Carlson Trailer Tray. We find it is useful for everything from a cooler to spare fuel to a generator.

https://www.strombergcarlson.com/pro...-model-cc-255/
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use the BAL hide a spare bracket you can modify it to hold an extra spare tire and a portable waste water tote tank.

BAL 28218 Hide-A-Spare Tire Storage - I-Beam Underslung Mount https://a.co/d/fNBphCE

https://www.campingworld.com/barker-...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with the member who suggested putting the extra spare in the truck bed. Seems a pretty simple solution.

But I think I would be more inclined to invest in 4 really good tires to keep from having a blow out. Two blow outs on the same side in a short time - that's a case for looking to what is wrong with that side, or the tires, or the loads being carried.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods