Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mk2670

Quote Originally Posted by bnor51 View Post
    We tow a 2019 2670MK with a 2015 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, Limited, 4x4. The camper mods are the Morryde 3000 system, disc brakes, upgraded Dexter 5200 lb axels and GY Endurance tires. On the Tundra I only added RAS and Cooper 10 ply tires and use the EZ Lift wdh with added sway bar. We have now towed this combination for over 11,000 miles from Georgia into the north Georgia and North Carolina mountains, to the Shenandoah Mountains in VA and thru TN and KY to central IL.
    I can only convey our personal experiences. I have never experienced what I would call scary or "white knuckle" towing and have had zero sway. I do travel with about 1/4 - 1/3 in the fresh water tank to help offset the 2670's heavy rear. On some concrete highways we do experience the porpoise effect, but I believe this not uncommon for towable trailers. I have checked weights on CAT scales a few times and we do approach or slightly exceed stated payload capacity at times. Of course with any half ton the truck is working hard through steep and/or long uphill grades, but the Tundra has never failed or experienced any mechanical issues. On the downhill side, I have never felt pushed or overpowered by the camper. I typically do not exceed 65 mph on highways and take my time in the mountains. The folks behind me will get where they are going eventually.
    I would not feel safe or comfortable towing anything larger than this with a half ton, but I have seen many doing more. Just last week at a campground in N. Ga. there was F150 towing a Reflection 315 trailer and a Suburban towing a Reflection 315 trailer.
    Again, these are my experiences and everyone should act on what they are comfortable with. I love the Toyota reliability and the Tundra works well for us.
    Appreciate the note. Noticed off the lot the factory brakes need adjustment. They hardly work. Any more details on upgrading the TT with disk brakes? I am assuming you did that above

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Precab View Post
    Appreciate the note. Noticed off the lot the factory brakes need adjustment. They hardly work. Any more details on upgrading the TT with disk brakes? I am assuming you did that above
    The disc brake and axel mods were done by the original owner. I do not have cost on that. Disc brakes are Titan by Dexter. Do not have the model no. They do make a difference, but I did learn the hard way that you need to monitor the fluid level. Makes a big difference in how well they perform or if they work at all.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220722_111714707.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	41998
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20220722_111450489.jpg  
    2019 Imagine 2670MK, Titan disc brakes, Morryde CRE3000
    2015 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Limited TRD; RAS
    Bikes: Jamus Dragonslayer 26+ Sport, Electra Townie Go 8i
    Kayaks: Jackson Allwater, Liquid Logic

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought our 2670 used in 2020. It was only two years old but already had two bent axles and 3 different brand tires on it. Not sure if the previous owner hit potholes, curbs or what have you. I had the axles realigned and put new tires on it. So far I haven’t noticed any issues. At the same time I contacted a local trailer dealer (not RV) and they recommended putting 6,000# axles under it with the stock 4,400# springs. The price of this upgrade was going to cost right at $1,000. That included complete axles drum to drum and new springs. Like everything else I’m sure that price has gone up in the last two years. I’ve never weighed my set up but I’m afraid I’m overweight on the tongue. Published dry tongue weight on my 2018 model is 642 pounds. The Hensley hitch weights another 200# plus, plus propane, battery, my storage compartment is FULL, plus all the stuff in the camper. My truck has a payload capacity of 1,850# I believe but the receiver hitch is only rated to 1,250# with a WDH. I looked at aftermarket hitches also and none of them are rated any higher than that for my particular truck. All these things you need to keep in mind. Obviously there’s some wiggle room in yours trucks published specs and capacity but proceed at your own risk. Another thing, I believe the newer 2670’s have a slightly higher tongue weight than my 2018 model.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mk2670

Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Rear kitchen trailers are hard to distribute enough weight to the tongue to avoid a sway event and once you do to overcome the heavy tail end the TW is over 1000 lbs
    I personally would never do it but it is your decision

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Been towing well with RAS and WDH. Only test left is a very heavy crosswind day still pending
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F3FFEBCF-9728-40B0-83AB-E9227B3B8FBC.jpg  

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Precab View Post
    Been towing well with RAS and WDH. Only test left is a very heavy crosswind day still pending
    Looking forward to your cat scale readings
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Properly Equipped 1500 can tow 2670MK - just close to the limits

I have a 2019 RAM 1500 4WD long-bed with max towing package. I've been across the CAT scales multiple times with truck and 2019 2670MK (see attachment). You can tow the 2670MK safely and within limits with a properly equipped 1500 but you are vey close to the limits. While I'm happy with the way the RAM tows the 2670MK, if I had to do it again, I'd probably go with the RAM 2500 so it is more solid on the road and I don't have to be worried about being near capacity. Just my two cents.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Truck and Trailer Weights.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	45896

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2670MK HALF TON Experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by slats1 View Post
    I have a 2019 RAM 1500 4WD long-bed with max towing package. I've been across the CAT scales multiple times with truck and 2019 2670MK (see attachment). You can tow the 2670MK safely and within limits with a properly equipped 1500 but you are vey close to the limits. While I'm happy with the way the RAM tows the 2670MK, if I had to do it again, I'd probably go with the RAM 2500 so it is more solid on the road and I don't have to be worried about being near capacity. Just my two cents.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Truck and Trailer Weights.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	45896
    Total truck axles equals 7600 lbs??
    You are overloaded if it is by 500 lbs
    Last edited by NB Canada; 04-18-2023 at 02:51 PM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total truck axles equals 7600 lbs??
    You are overloaded if it is by 500 lbs
    The max allowed is 8k. Second weigh puts him right at the limit. Rear axle is maxed but not over.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    The max allowed is 8k. Second weigh puts him right at the limit. Rear axle is maxed but not over.

Bill
    What about GVWR?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about GVWR?
    After looking at the spreadsheet, you are correct. Something is not right. 8k is 900 lbs above GVWR. Maybe ok on axle weights. If loaded up to trailer GVWR, that puts it 1500lbs over GVWR.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast