User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxBraap View Post
    If I got 2 separate 120v 15A breakers and wired them 1 to one side of the outlet and the other to the other side of the outlet why wouldn't that work. I'm way off from the concepts it seems.
    Illegal! When a 240 breaker trips BOTH legs need to trip. If not, if one trips you still have 120 to the other leg it’s dangerous.

Look at the Quad breakers. There’s a metal bar connecting the two outside toggles so if one trips the other will be disconnected.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not believe I am out of breaker space? Pic attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220703_144327.jpg  

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah a quick Google search came up with the same ��

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again xrated your post clears up my confusion a little bit.
    Last edited by FoxBraap; 07-03-2022 at 06:27 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starting from square 1 again. I need 2 separate power lines of 120v from the breaker box to each hot side of my dryer plug. So if I'm correct the breaker I purchased is designed to output 240Vs? And that is why it will not work

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxBraap View Post
    I do not believe I am out of breaker space? Pic attached
    It does show that you have some available spaces. Use the Quad breaker and like Jerryr or someone said, move the two breakers that are next to the main breaker and install the Quad there, where the original main was at and the two breakers beside it.....the washer/dryer and the refrigerator.

And as a Side note.....the breaker panel talks about being able to use a Cutler Hammer BR series breaker. Eaton (the breaker in the link I posted) will very likely work as it is a BR type breaker......and EATON, bought out Cutler Hammer Years ago.
    Last edited by xrated; 07-03-2022 at 06:43 PM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 30 amp double pole breaker you bought will not work to provide 240 from your RV panel

Here’s my suggestion but XRated should chime in if that’s a good solution. I’m not a professional electrician.

Simple step by step procedure to make it clear

I would purchase sufficient 10/3 w/ground NM-B “Romex” plus additional 20 feet. You can always cut extra off.

I would move the fridge breaker in the slot to the left of the converter breaker
    I would move the washer/dryer breaker to the slot to the right on the 3rd AC breaker
    I would remove the existing 50 amp main breaker
    I would install the Siemens 30/50 quad in the 4 slots freed up in the enter.
    I would connect the incoming service wire to the 50 amp breaker lugs
    I would run new 10/3 w/ground from breaker box to dryer location
    I would connect 2 new 10 AWG red and black wires to the out side 30 amp lugs on the 30/50 quad breaker.
    I would connect the white neutral wire from the 10/3 to the neutral buss bar in the panel.
    I would connect the bare ground wire from the 10/3 to the ground buss bar in the panel
    I would wire the 4-wire dryer outlet properly
    Last edited by Jerryr; 07-03-2022 at 06:47 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    The 30 amp double pole breaker you bought will not work to provide 240 from your RV panel

Here’s my suggestion but XRated should chime in if that’s a good solution. I’m not a professional electrician.

Simple step by step procedure to make it clear

I would move the fridge breaker in the slot to the left of the converter breaker
    I would move the washer/dryer breaker to the slot to the right on the 3rd AC breaker
    I would remove the existing 50 amp main breaker
    I would install the Siemens 30/50 quad in the 4 slots freed up in the enter.
    I would connect the incoming service wire to the 50 amp breaker lugs
    I would run new 10/3 w/ground from breaker box to dryer location
    I would connect 2 new 10 AWG red and black wires to the out side 30 amp lugs on the 30/50 quad breaker.
    I would connect the white neutral wire from the 10/3 to the neutral buss bar in the panel.
    I would connect the bare ground wire to the ground buss bar in the panel
    I would wire the 4-wire dryer outlet properly
    Jerryr......you nailed it exactly correct..Thank you for the help, I appreciate that.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect, thanks so much. I'll order both the quads and go with what fits best. I guess if GE made one I'd be solid!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here’s the list of approved breakers from my WFCO panel in my RV. I had to replace my 50a main and used a Eaton 50 amp “BR250” breaker.

The only thing I see that may be an issue is it states max branch circuit size is 20 amp either single or double pole.

A call to WFCO might help understanding why it’s limited to 20 amps.

Edit: my WFCO panel has several “tandem” breakers essentially feeding from 2x15=30 and 2x20amp breakers which can havev30+40 amps on one slot. This was done from factory which essentially violates the 20 amp max per location.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0728FABA-8833-4974-9E19-6B2BA69E1ADD.jpeg  
    Last edited by Jerryr; 07-03-2022 at 07:57 PM.
    Jerry & Linda

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast